Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck at instalation process "Detecting file systems".

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Stuck at instalation process "Detecting file systems".

mcmacker4; Sorry to have left you high and dry, Things came up I had to attend to.

I admitt I am totally mistified as to what is happening, A cron job should not even be running at this point in the installation (same situation as firefox starting prior to this install attempt)

I am not familar with macs, so I may be out in left field with this: A bios setting for something like "secure Boot" (??) preventing installation of another operating system ?

Let's see what the drives look like;
    boot up ubuntu's install disk -> try ubuntu and post the output of terminal code :
    Code:
     sudo fdisk -l
    and maybe get some idea of what we are working with.

not much help, but try'n

Beans

I am having the exact same problem on a MacBook Air (2012) purchased today especially to run Ubuntu 13.04. Did you get anywhere with this? I followed this thread to install: http://www.thatsthewayyoudoit.me/201...n-macbook.html

Kind regards,

Rob

Beans

formatting ubuntu partition as ext3, swap as fat 32, and choosing not to install 3rd party or updates allowed me to continue with the install. not exactly sure which of these steps resolved the problem but apparently successful install of 13.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12