Thread: Chromium 26

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Chromium 26

Does anybody knows why Chromium get not updated to release 26?? The release which way have is 25 and there are some CVE's fixed in chromium 26 (http://googlechromereleases.blogspot...update_26.html). As somebody has already filled a bug it would be really great if all chromium users which are at release 25 could click on me too (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1161296).

Beans

Re: Chromium 26

I suspect there's some delay because each "new" version has to be modified for the purpose of integrating with the webapps stuff.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Chrome already has 26....chromium does tend to take longer to update to the current stable version...that is why i always prefer chrome over chromium...and also because chrome has it's own built in (and current) flash and a built in pdf reader as well...

Also, did you add the ppa for Chromium updates? I believe with Chromium you have to do that....Chrome automatically adds a ppa in software sources for updated versions (another reason i prefer Chrome)...
    Last edited by craig10x; April 6th, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Chromium 26 was released March 26 (?) - it's not yet available in SUPPORTED repositories.
    When OS is in beta I prefer to utilize supported applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Chrome already has 26....chromium does tend to take longer to update to the current stable version...that is why i always prefer chrome over chromium...and also because chrome has it's own built in (and current) flash and a built in pdf reader as well...

Also, did you add the ppa for Chromium updates? I believe with Chromium you have to do that....Chrome automatically adds a ppa in software sources for updated versions (another reason i prefer Chrome)...
    It seems so and users are at the risk do not surf secure the web - it is not a problem to packge chromium myself but as it is a time-consuming task therefore I prefer the update via Ubuntu's update channel. Concerning the additonal repo for Google chrome: you have to add it as the updates come out of Google's update services and not Ubuntu/Canonicals and I prefer chromium as I do not need flash. However thank you for your reply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

You're Welcome...though i would like to mention to you that i have had 13.04 development installed for 2 months now, and i only use two ppa's on it...

1) Chrome's PPA (which it added automatically to my sources list) 2) webupd8.org's Oracle Java deb file installer/updater which also installs a ppa for that (i need the real java for one of the apps i use to work properly, open source version doesn't do it)...
    and in neither case have i had any problems from them in updating my development install....so, i think it is safe to use Chromium's ppa if you would prefer quicker updated versions of chromium...
    Last edited by craig10x; April 6th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.