Thread: Loading Mods in Minecraft

Beans

Loading Mods in Minecraft

I've got a nice clean install of Minecraft, and it works perfectly. Now I want to load Mods easily. I've tried to load Forge, putting its files into .minecraft.jar. Minecraft still works, but shows no sign of having Forge. Is there a better way? I don't know how to diagnose, as it throws no errors.

Obviously, I'm a noob!

Beans

Re: Loading Mods in Minecraft

Try MultiMC.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ows-linux-mac/

It makes installing mods much easier. Plus, you can have multiple instances of Minecraft, too.
    Last edited by Ender Shadow; March 6th, 2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
    "The difference between Linux and Windows is that with Linux you're in the driver's seat, but with Windows, Microsoft is driving...and you're tied up and locked in the trunk."
    -Gster4

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FrassMaster View Post
    I've got a nice clean install of Minecraft, and it works perfectly.

Obviously, I'm a noob!
    I suspect I am more of a noob than you. I have never played a video game in my life. I would like to buy Minecraft and let my grandson play it on my Ubuntu 12.10 computer.
    I have steam installed but I can't find Minecraft on steam. I see that the game is available for Pc and Mac from mojang.com but I don't see a link to the Linux version.
    I have the running minecraft.jar file but don't know how to proceed.
    Can you tell me how to get a nice, clean install of Minecraft?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You can add non-steam games into the steam library by clicking Games> Add a non-Steam game to my library but that is another topic to discuss later. The Linux version of Minecraft is the jar version that you have. To get a clean install, you will need to delete a folder called ".minecraft" that is in the home folder (you will need to set show hidden files to see it). It also has your saved worlds in there so back them up before deleting the folder. The other option is to force minecraft to update while logging in. Click options when it asks you to log in to view the force update button.
    ♫♪♫ You just keep on trying till you run out of cake ♪♫♪

Beans

I have minecraft forge 1.5.2, you can install SP, and forge pro upgrade, following the commands in terminal.

It's in Portuguese, but gives to understand:

http://www.vivaolinux.com.br/topico/Emulacao-de-jogos/MinecraftSPjar-no-Ubuntu-pra-servidores-nao-oficiaisPirata