Thread: Suggestion: Rolling / monthly release. What's going to happen on ubuntu +1 sub-forum?

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Suggestion: Rolling / monthly release. What's going to happen on ubuntu +1 sub-fo

Too funny, VinDsl
    I really hope this happens and like in time for the 13.04 release....he he

Actually, i have a feeling that this 13.04 testing was a "test bed" to see how reliable updates would roll without having a bunch of alphas, betas, etc...
    and now that the "test" has proven quite successful, they are ready to "roll" as it were

Quality control has been quite excellent on this testing..other then then the brief sound breakage in VLC player (which they quickly fixed within a few days), i have had a very relaxed experience with this...
    And quality control should be even better when they aren't under the 6 month release "gun" as it were...

The only part i am a little confused about, is...would ubuntu 13.04 "morph" into the new rolling release model or would 13.04 be the last 6 month (with 18 months of updates) release and then you would need to install a new Ubuntu (no more numbers) Rolling Release version...
    Last edited by craig10x; March 2nd, 2013 at 05:47 AM.