Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Quote Originally Posted by carl4926 View Post
    This only seems to affect my small screen eeepc, I was just on my 24" screen and it seemed OK
    I'll have to check all my machines
    And all your browsers. It doesn't affect every browser; Firefox is fine, Chromium isn't.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    And all your browsers. It doesn't affect every browser; Firefox is fine, Chromium isn't.
    Well I use Chrome and or Chromium on all machines

In the morning, I'll do a comprehensive check
    Ubuntu 18.04

There is a difference of approximately 2 pixels. It isn't my top priority at the movement. It will be corrected when more pressing matters have been resolved.
    Last edited by s.fox; March 4th, 2013 at 09:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by s.fox View Post
    There is a difference of approximately 2 pixels. It isn't my top priority at the movement. It will be corrected when more pressing matters have been resolved.
    I can appreciate that

FYI: It is out on my Lenovo 15 inch screen in Chrome/Chromium. But Firefox is OK.
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro

OK
    I have 3 machines side by side all with Chromium

As already stated: The large Desktop screen of 24" is displaying OK
    The smaller 15" and 10" screens have the alignment issue.

Opera and Firefox both display correctly on all machines

So maybe the issue is not the forum but the browser?
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

thread list view shows truncated titles depending on the web browser window size.

in explanation:
    the titles would change to multiple lines if they was too long to fit on one line. now they dont change and are cut-off.

surely this would be a hindrance for a lot of people..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by black veils View Post
    thread list view shows truncated titles …
    surely this would be a hindrance for a lot of people..
    When on a desktop, it does not hinder me, as the pop-up shows the contents.

But on a mobile device (a tablet), I have no way to see the pop-up, and so it does hinder me.

As the topic titles have a maximum length, I suggest that Black Veils is correct; i.e. wrapping to a new line would be helpful.

Beans
    Hidden!

I have found a (new) problem with my way to write forums posts. I often go to other web pages, either to look at the original post numbers (for example to check if it is the OP's first post (if only one bean), or to browse for some suitable link to add. When returning, the text in the editing window was still there in the old version of the forum software, but now it is wiped, and I have to re-write it. I try to open new tabs for these tasks, but tend to forget that quite often.

Is there a possibility to get back the old function, that the edited text is still there, when returning to the editing page? I am referring to the standard editing window, to write a new post 'Reply', the one I am using now.

Edit: It seems to depend on the browser: The text will stay in Konqueror, but not in Firefox. And the new forum software works better with Firefox, but if I switch browser I will lose this very good feature of Konqueror.

Anyway, this is a good feature. Maybe someone knows how to enable it in Firefox
    Last edited by sudodus; March 5th, 2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: I may have found another reason

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

When you type a reply, the forum saves your draft every so often. (I don't know how to force it to save at any point.)

You'll (briefly) see a yellow notice at the bottom-right of the area.
    Auto saved.png

When you return to the post (and find it wiped), look for the Restore Auto-Saved Content button at the bottom-left.
    Restore Auto-Saved Content.png

Alternatively, install Lazarus Form Recovery.

EDIT: Either way, the Manage Attachments gets a little confused if you have attachments (as in this post).
    Last edited by Paddy Landau; March 5th, 2013 at 02:42 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    I have found a (new) problem with my way to write forums posts. I often go to other web pages, either to look at the original post numbers (for example to check if it is the OP's first post (if only one bean), or to browse for some suitable link to add. When returning, the text in the editing window was still there in the old version of the forum software, but now it is wiped, and I have to re-write it. I try to open new tabs for these tasks, but tend to forget that quite often.

Is there a possibility to get back the old function, that the edited text is still there, when returning to the editing page? I am referring to the standard editing window, to write a new post 'Reply', the one I am using now.

Edit: It seems to depend on the browser: The text will stay in Konqueror, but not in Firefox. And the new forum software works better with Firefox, but if I switch browser I will lose this very good feature of Konqueror.

Anyway, this is a good feature. Maybe someone knows how to enable it in Firefox
    I don't know how you had it set to do so in vb3 - it certainly wasn't anything to do with the forum software itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    When you type a reply, the forum saves your draft every so often. (I don't know how to force it to save at any point.)

You'll see a yellow notice at the bottom-right of the area.
    Auto saved.png

When you return to the post (and find it wiped), look for the Restore Auto-Saved Content button at the bottom-left.
    Restore Auto-Saved Content.png...
    Currently it saves every 20 seconds, which is the minimum.

I've not found a way to force a save.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast