Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    Did you read the original post?
    didn't notice the part about settings at a glance.
    Either way what is the rationale for writing off 50% of vertical screen estate for fluff and having to post X times to be able to change it? Scrolling for the sake of it suxx

It would be nice if short posts didn't waste so much space. I switched to the left side mode and i get that the profile info sets the lower bound but seriously, unless there are technical barriers, it should be compressed (yes, it was a problem with old forums too). Oneliner taking up 30% of 1200px vertical is too much, the profile info should be half as tall.
    There is no reason why join date/location/beans shouldn't be done in single line. Beans number could be moved next to coffee icons
    if your question is answered, mark the thread as [SOLVED]. Thx.
    To post code or command output, use [code] tags.
    Check your bash script here // BashFAQ // BashPitfalls

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaphell View Post
    didn't notice the part about settings at a glance.
    Either way what is the rationale for writing off 50% of vertical screen estate for fluff and having to post X times to be able to change it? Scrolling for the sake of it suxx

It would be nice if short posts didn't waste so much space. I switched to the left side mode and i get that the profile info sets the lower bound but seriously, unless there are technical barriers, it should be compressed (yes, it was a problem with old forums too). Oneliner taking up 30% of 1200px vertical is too much, the profile info should be half as tall.
    There is no reason why join date/location/beans shouldn't be done in single line. Beans number could be moved next to coffee icons
    +1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    What red headings? Do you mean the orange banner at the top of every page? That is exactly the same orange as the banner on the VB3 version of the forum - Ubuntu orange - #DD4814.

EDIT
    : @ventrical, just a minute. You’ve had access to the staging (test) forum for a week now and have been posting there. The templates and theme are what was developed there - it looks exactly the same. Why did you not say so there?

Honestly .. I never really noticed while in the sandbox. I didn't comment there too much. It just sort of jumped out at me. I have to zoom in X3 and maybe thats why it looks so shocking. And it's not like a real orange... I don't know what to say .. but I did make mention in one of my posts that some persons may have a hard time with the transition to this new format.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    What red headings? Do you mean the orange banner at the top of every page? That is exactly the same orange as the banner on the VB3 version of the forum - Ubuntu orange - #DD4814.

EDIT
    : @ventrical, just a minute. You’ve had access to the staging (test) forum for a week now and have been posting there. The templates and theme are what was developed there - it looks exactly the same. Why did you not say so there?
    I cannot find the thread that I stared in the staging area..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Whilst I hate change, I feel there are some engine room reasons why the change to v4 was initiated so I can live with that. On the down side, the amount of 'white space' in the forum(s) has grown considerably and, imo, that detracts from the overall content of the site. I'm having to scroll more, click next page more and punish these old eyes by scanning more whilst trying to find something to read.

I have set the poster profile to the left and that has certainly helped. But there's too much 'nothingness' for my liking. I don't need to see any of that data about a poster except who it is and some indication involvement. The rest is just contributing to 'space'.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: V4 - Favicon Not "Ubuntu" / Latest Activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Merrattic View Post
    Probably on your list of todo somewhere, just thought I would mention it.

Finding Latest Activity hard to read/view, preferred old style of "New Posts". Maybe it will grow on me.....
    Yes
    In the sandbox at least you have a New Posts in the Latest Activity area, but now it's gone
    Though I prefer New Posts directly on the forum Header menu
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Wasn't the Ubuntu orange your using now,
    toned down when you first used it after brightness complaints?

Beans

I logged into the new forum version. It looks nice but I'm a little confused about the icons.

Please explain the difference between a hot thread (orange icon) and a normal thread (grey icon)!

Beans

I am not adverse to change but the only real problem I have with the main page is that there is not enough contrast between the title of the thread and the background. I find it easier to focus on the 'Started by....' line than the title. As the title should be my first focus, perhaps, at least switch the colors around. This would be consistent with all the other main text colors. Also, (minor issue) the threads are quite close together....perhaps a slightly darker background for every second thread would make them more distinguishable.
    Last edited by Xgen; March 1st, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
    Clevo/Sager i7-2670 | 8gb ram | ATI 6970 | SSD drive | [I] Ubuntu: 14.04 / 13.10 /

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by pixiq View Post
    I logged into the new forum version. It looks nice but I'm a little confused about the icons.Please explain the difference between a hot thread (orange icon) and a normal thread (grey icon)!
    If you mean the faviconJust hit refresh button
    Ubuntu 18.04

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast