Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kubuntu 12.10 boots to white screen after recent update

Beans

Re: Kubuntu 12.10 boots to white screen after recent update

Sorry I didn't get back to this one earlier. The screenshot shows it hanging on fsck, which is not unheard of, depending on the nature of the problem. I keep a bootable Parted Magic Live USB stick for such occasions -- if you fsck it that way, then *buntu will be happy to proceed with the boot, and then you can fix whatever is the problem. So now it is booting and letting you log in? If the only remaining issue is the appearance of the KDM greeter, that is controlled by System Settings > Login Screen.
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

There's more than that. My notifications and some menus aren't looking right either. Also, open programs aren't being shown on my taskbar anymore, though the settings are correct.

Beans

So the boot seems smooth, no errors? Take a look at dmesg and make sure there are no hardware issues remaining. If it all looks good, then I would advise re-naming the folder ~/.kde/share/config to ~/.kde/share/config_bak, and then rebooting. A new default KDE desktop and panel will be available, and you'll have to re-do any custom configurations that you had.
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12