Hi friends,
I own a Dell Inspiron 14 inch laptop with 1GB ATI Radeon 5xxx series graphic card.

I want to buy a new laptop and I have certain queries regarding graphic cards.
I don't play games(puzzles only) and don't do video editing. Mostly I do development work (android development, web development), access internet, watch movies, songs and normal stuffs.

Recently I found issue with Kubuntu 12.04 that if I don't install graphics driver my system gets heated up, it was no big deal and I installed ATI driver by this tutorial.
Again when I tried to use same method in 12.10 I faced lot of issues, so right now I am using 12.04.2 only.

This made me think, whether I really need a graphic card or not? Till now the laptops I am considering are:
Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 and Dell XPS. (I really like Lenovo one, it is pretty powerful)
Lenovo is supplied with Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000s and Dell XPS is with some NVidia card (I heard that Nvidia doesn't support graphcis on linux very well).

Also what is the difference between two graphics cards I mentioned above? Are they just two graphics card from different vendors, or there is something more difference?