Thread: JabirOS 4.0 LTS "Pirates of Galaxy" is released

Beans

Smile JabirOS 4.0 LTS "Pirates of Galaxy" is released

http://jabirproject.org/?p=230

community forums are back:

http://community.jabirproject.org

NOTE : after registeration, pm to Haghiri75 , and I'll activate your account instantly .
    If you have any ideas which can help me make JabirOS better, please tell me!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: JabirOS 4.0 LTS "Pirates of Galaxy" is released

Holy crap man!

Wasn't this the Arabic or Farsi distro? I remember I think some months ago hearing about this thing and I liked it. I remember some idiot complaining about the Arabic or Farsi (sorry I don't remember) docs too, but screw that guy. I liked it then.

I'm giving this a go in a VM as soon as I get it downloaded. Good work!

Oh, and if this is the one with the iOS project thing - that's an awesome idea if you can ever get that to work, expecially on an iPad I am no fan of apple or touch ubuntu really, but the Raring builds for the NExus 7 have shown some awesome progress, and GNOME 3 I think would be great on a tablet with some minor tweaks...
    Last edited by JiuJitsu500; February 26th, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
    When your entire life is measured in one moment, you change the concept of time.

Beans

It's not a Farsi distro , but we're Persian People and Iranian Community Supports JabirOS .

Documents are Farsi.

I'll upload JabirOS 4.0 LTS Demo , JabirOS for iOS demo(s)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I didn't mean that I guess as it's all in Farsi, my bad

I meant it more like an Iranian-based distro which is extra rare and I hated when I heard complaints that the docs were in your native tongue and not all English - which was a STUPID argument seeing as how it's NOT based in an English speaking nation. Philosophical, maybe - but still. That compllaint set was dumb. I liked the JabirOS when I tried it a while back and really liked the iOS ideas. My girlfriend has an iPad I reluctantly bought her and I wanted something else on it in a dual-boot like my Nexus.... Any plans on something like that?

And she doesn't like iOS on her phone either, she just thought the iPhone 4S was pretty. She wanted android on it, but I showed her the ideas for your project on the iPone and she liked it. So, maybe that'll one day be possible for her, and a really fun toy for me to screw with.

I also have a buddy who has an iPhone 4s I think who wants to "experiment" since he has the new phone. As soon as you post some demos man, I'm SUPER interested in that project and will contribute if I can.

One funny thing I noticed too is that Cydia uses .deb packages... translated to install on a darwin/BSD system... hmmm.....
    When your entire life is measured in one moment, you change the concept of time.

Beans

We have only a Farsi Wiki , and a Farsi Domain .

----

I've tested JabirOS on iPad mini , and I'm going to test on iPad 4th Generation

Beans

Hi All!

JetGet Guide : http://community.jabirproject.org/showthread.php?tid=13

--------

Known issue : JabirOS 4.0 can't connect to internet after installation on some systems. please test on your system.

Regards.
    Muhammadreza Haghiri

Beans

ask system :
    http://ask.jabirproject.org

ask system in Farsi :
    http://ask.jabirproject.ir

Beans

JabirOS 5.0 Will be based on Archlinux and a Fork of MATE desktop (Legendary UI).

More information , soon