Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games close almost instantly?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Games close almost instantly?

i ran glxgears and the 3 colored gears did appear if that helps

if you have the 3 D colored gears its mean that you have a 3d aceleration provided by default graphic drivers.

But the output of this command also give to yout the FPS result of your config an example->

302 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.305 FPS
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.014 FPS
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.014 FPS
    284 frames in 5.0 seconds = 56.626 FPS
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.007 FPS
    300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.977 FPS
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.055 FPS
    301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.931 FPS
    300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.893 FPS

if you have a less FPS maybe your config cant run some games, or games work with slowly image.

If you can try launch games by terminal for example i have the game warzone2100 if i have a problem of closed GUI i open my terminal and put the command
    warzone2100 if the image GUI close the terminal give to me any reason for this.

And finally i have some problems with xubuntu and Lubuntu with my older ATI (non-maintained proprietary driver for linux) Radeon 9250 PRO, i have a problem with games and 3d aceleration, the only solution for me to solve problem its very simple install mesa-utils.

You can find the solution i mentioned here->

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2089840

I can solve that problem on my both pcs one desk and other laptop, in two i have same problem.

It can be possible that you have a similar problem like me.
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux

Beans

310 frames in 5.0 seconds = 61.881 FPS
    309 frames in 5.0 seconds = 61.678 FPS
    309 frames in 5.0 seconds = 61.675 FPS
    309 frames in 5.0 seconds = 61.678 FPS
    309 frames in 5.0 seconds = 61.677 FPS
    309 frames in 5.0 seconds = 61.677 FP

thats the output of glxgears but how exactly do i go about running bastion from the terminal?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

----------------------------------------------
    EDIT: From the linked thread, you can also try opening a Terminal and installing this first. It might just solve your problems in one go:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0
    ----------------------------------------------

Check out this guy's post: link

Looks like this is a normal issue with Intel cards and S3TC textures. You can try his method to fix the game, it might just work. If it doesn't, then down below I've outlined some ways you can run Bastion through the Terminal.

I've been trying to figure out where your game might be installed, but since you're using the USC I can't be sure. Which is why I can't give you a direct command to enter into the Terminal to run Bastion with.

From that thread, there seems to be two places it can be installed in:
    Code:
     /usr/local/games
    Or:
    Code:
    /opt/Bastion/
    You can try and look into these folders to check if Bastion is there. Just open your Home folder, and on the left is a location called Filesystem. From there, you can look into /opt or /usr.

To run executables, you'd normally do this:
    Code:
    ./name_of_executable
    So, if you manage to find Bastion's executable, you can type the "./" into a Terminal and just drag the executable onto that same Terminal. It'll give you a long command, and by hitting Enter it should run.
    Last edited by myromance123; February 27th, 2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Additional information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12