Thread: Locked account

Beans

Locked account

I get the premisses behind the 25 posts then you can change you profile info but even the privacy options have been locked. Its annoying that I can change my account settings I'm not talking about details about me or avatars or anything but the options that allow me to change how my account acts on your site, which you have the power to limit anyways. I'm kind annoyed that I do not have control over "my" account especially the privacy settings.

Just feedback

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Locked account

I agree that it's an issue that hopefully will be fixed.

In the meantime, you can ask the mods to modify it for you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by zombifier25 View Post

In the meantime, you can ask the mods to modify it for you.
    admins you mean

Anyways, the problem with VB3 is that it does not allow 'selective' restrictions (i.e. allowing access to the profile privacy options while not allowing you to set a signature/avatar.).

Here is the screenshot of the 'profile privacy' page (the page I think you are talking about).

If you choose the options that are on the screenshot, the admins can *probably* apply it when they get time.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Quote Originally Posted by livingdanger View Post
    I'm kind annoyed that I do not have control over "my" account especially the privacy settings.
    Since you can't add anything to your profile that you might want to hide with privacy settings until you reach 25 posts, not being able to adjust your privacy settings until you reach 25 posts would appear to be a moot point. No need for annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by zombifier25 View Post
    What issue?
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

It's not the point that I don't have any info posted to need to adjust my privacy settings it the fact that I do not have control over this. Like I said I get the point of locking the Avatar, Details about you, etc as they could be used for spam, but you even locked the email and password as well as the ignore list. I doubt I can create spam by changing my email or password, nor my privacy settings.

@Sandyd: Thanks for the screenshot I would probably turn off every one of those things

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

but you even locked the email and password as well as the ignore list.
    We did not. You can change your email and password.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

When in the world did that happen when I first registered it kept telling me I didn't have 25 posts. Well thats cool, still not happy but its cool. Just for the sake of it talk to <those in charge of the forums> and see if they can open up the privacy options. The rest is fine I can live with out the avatar and info, but I got to have my account control. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait for the 25 posts, which won't take long because I have the glitchest system in the world.
    Last edited by Elfy; February 24th, 2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: small change

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You have been talking to them, one has been replying to you - others have been watching.

see if they can open up the privacy options
    we recently did that - previously the postrestriction was set to 50 posts.

People joining here should be more interested in getting whatever issue has caused them to join the forum sorted out than avatars.

There is nothing that can be user set and not editable when you join the forum that causes any privacy issues.

We have no intention of changing the restriction now, nor at present any intention to do so in future, it does the job it is intended to do.

I trust this is now dealt with.

Beans

Again really didn't care about the avatar or anything like that. As I said just wanted privacy control I'm glad you at least brought the min posts down to 25. I just like to set up my account when ever I register (worried about looking for help or not). What I wonder is just how bad was the spamming that you had to implement such a strict policy.
    And yes the issue is closed thanks for the help. That being said how do I close the thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

What I wonder is just how bad was the spamming that you had to implement such a strict policy.
    You didn't read the sticky, did you? Please do so.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2034393

Short answer: very, very, very bad. And we are not the only forum to implement such a policy.

And yes the issue is closed thanks for the help. That being said how do I close the thread
    You don't - staff do. And with that...

Thread closed.