Thread: restoring to android

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

restoring to android

Hello, I am living in canada and when i looked at the android restore roms there isn't one for the version of android that was stock on my machine. I am currently using a custom rom, is it possible to restore to that if I needed to switch back to android? Thank you, David Waldie

Beans

Re: restoring to android

Quote Originally Posted by dwaldie View Post
    Hello, I am living in canada and when i looked at the android restore roms there isn't one for the version of android that was stock on my machine. I am currently using a custom rom, is it possible to restore to that if I needed to switch back to android? Thank you, David Waldie
    Yes but you need to get the custom rom image and flash it again.

Most ARM devices are impossible to brick, so it's just a case of getting the right image and flashing it. Some require a window machine to use Livesuit image burner. Other allow for Linux command line 'fastboot' to flash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

thank you so much. I think one more question because I am a little confused. Does the ubuntu touch leave the clockwork recovery mod or does it wipe it clean? If it leaves it can I manually boot into the recovery and flash a rom like I would normally?

Beans

dwaldie, I responded to your question in another thread before seeing this one. Ubuntu did not touch my clockwork recovery, or any of my files. I flashed my rom like I normally would.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thank you so much, your help is greatly appreciated. David