Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has a Galaxy Nexus?

Beans

Re: Who has a Galaxy Nexus?

Have a transformer prime and my wife has a Nexus 7, she won't let me use it of course. (when i got it for her on launch day she was asking what she needed this thing for, now a few months later she can't put it down).

I can only hope there are some ports, the transformer prime is pretty close to specs when compared to the Nexus 7.

Beans

I plan to install ubuntu phone into my GNex, then try to use it as my first phone. but then Jono Bacon answer some of the questions at Google Hangout and don't recommend it to be use as first phone basis, yet. so, just to clear some of the haze on the functions available on the first image. (i still WANT to use it as my first phone.) based on some of the vids that i have seen and yours post, there's ;

1) the welcome screen, with the icons for 'what's new' for tweets, msg, misscall?, etc. (so, connection to network provider is a go, call also should be fine. internet (wifi, 3g) also OK. some doubts of LTE support.

2) the home screen. divided into sections. (vids, pics, apps, peoples, etc)

3) video player. music player seems not yet available.

4) pic gallery.

8) picture editor (gimp maybe?). it has build in voice search for editing functions.

5) telephony (for calls)

6) people/contacts. it cannot link to cloud like google contacts, but it should be OK if I insert it manually one by one right? if it has come kind of import function that would be great to try.

7) basic apps like calculator, clock.

what's else is there? then what should you need for your first phone basis? please correct me if i'm wrong on the list.

Beans

I do have, and I'm really excited to get it.

Beans

I have the nexus... waiting for release

Beans

F5

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by avdija View Post
    F5
    lol, I have the whole day free so it's a good day for testing..

Beans

F5 indeed... am I too assume that this will be put up on there home page or is there a dev section that the link will go live on. can someone point me in the right direction?

Beans

I believe this is the best link from F5 ing

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TouchInstallProcess

Beans

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wow. Some guys over at XDA ported it to ToroPlus & Toro and all I can say is wow. For a developer preview with not even 15% of it functioning it is absolutely a dream. For anyone who tried the voice recognition it was superb. If CDMA support gets added officially (or even unofficially) Ubuntu Phone OS will be my daily driver. If I could make calls or send texts I would have never flashed back to Android. It was bittersweet saying goodbye for now.

I am off to theme Android exactly like Ubuntu Phone OS now that I've used it for myself.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast