Thread: Who's installing ubuntu touch right now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Who's installing ubuntu touch right now?

i am...

on a samsung galaxy nexus i9250.

anyone else? on what?
    Last edited by surfer; February 21st, 2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: corrected after iowabeakster's comment

Beans

Re: Who's installing ubuntu touch right now?

Just flashed it onto my Galaxy Nexus and played around a bit. I'm not a developer, and just wanted to see how far along it was. The flash back to 4.2 was a breeze through clockworkmod, and I've never been more thankful to be running Android. I see potential in Ubuntu phone, but real usability seems a long way off.

Beans
    Distro

yeah. i just hat to see it. it's really pretty nice. but unfortunately not much is running yet...

i hope canonical can make this work. i would really like to see that!

and yes... patience...

Beans

Yeah, I really want this to work! I liked the notifications and the way the pull-down menu works for messages and such.

It seemed pretty smooth most of the time, although it completely froze on me once, and there was lag sometimes between gestures.

Was there a way to power off besides just holding down the power button?

Beans

When Google released their first Android preview, it was rough, but it gave a pretty good idea of what the future would bring. This is a lot more polished, and gives a pretty good idea of what the future will bring, a bunch of ads and bloatware from Canonical.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

OP,
    are you using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, or an LG Nexus 4?... or both?

I'm making sure my battery is fully charged before I start. With a few more electrons stored up, I'll flash it on my Nexus 4 with TWRP. fingers crossed...
    Last edited by iowabeakster; February 21st, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Xubuntu 12.04 -64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Efadis, I am currently running a custom rom on a galaxy nexus, how did you flash back to android? Can you switch back to a custom rom if here isn't a rom available for you on the Ubuntu wiki page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Beans
    Distro

"samsung galaxy nexus i9250" is the correct type (i guess). i'll correct above.

Beans

dwaldie, I'm not sure if this will help you, but I'll tell you what I did. I am also running a custom 4.2.1 rom.

Before flashing Ubuntu os, I had the .zip of my custom rom in the root Android directory. When I wanted to flash back to my custom rom, I booted into recovery (clockworkmod recovery) and found that all my files were untouched. I chose to install from .zip, found my rom, and selected it for installation. It installed without a problem, and 4.2.1 booted up with all my settings and content untouched.

Probably not the best way to do it, and frankly I'm surprised that it worked.