Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to run some script during startup

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How to run some script during startup

Quote Originally Posted by sandeep913 View Post
    Just for the clarification, whatever job i am running using script requires the root priviledge i.e previouesly when i used to run it manually i used to log in as root and then used to execute all those commands. Will this method not get affected by requirement of root priviledge?
    I asked this because date command doesn't require root priviledge so it might work. I haven't tried it though.
    When the jobs require root privileges, you must use root's crontab, not the user's crontab (these are two files, that are used by cron independent of each other).

Code:
    sudo crontab -e

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to run some script during startup

Quote Originally Posted by sandeep913 View Post
    Hi. I need to launch one script during startup, but don't know what is the exact sequence to get this done like where to copy(rc*.d or /etc/init.d or /etc/init) my script, if needed how to give some special execution permissions etc. I tried copying one small script file with only an echo in /etc/rcS.d and got that print in /var/log/boot.log file. i could not make ,much progress after that.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    hi
    just post the content of your script even the ls -l your_script (the output of ls) of your script to end this puzzle.
    ciao
    "What is the robbing of a bank compared to the FOUNDING of a bank?" Berthold Brecht

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123