Thread: Gnome session resets Xorg layout

Beans

Gnome session resets Xorg layout

Hi!

I have Ubuntu 12.10 system with TwinView dualhead setup. I have correct Xorg.conf generated by nvidia-settings. After I login in GDM my .xinitrc runs:
    #!/usr/bin/env bash
    ~/.xinitrc.awesome &
    exec ck-launch-session gnome-session --session=gnome-fallback # ck-launch-session is advised for the dbus stuff to work fine.
    The problem is that gnome-session resets my TwinView setup and displays the same on both screens.

The problem occured about a month ago (because of updates I think). I had no problems before.
    Is it a bug?

Beans

Re: Gnome session resets Xorg layout

Had some troubles myself with dual monitors, constantly wrong screen as primary, then found this post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...93&postcount=4

i solved my problem with:
    I had to disable the XrandR plugin for the gnome-settings-daemon because the default mirror setting interferes. I guess the Nvidia gui had been hiding that little issue. First install dconf-editor:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install dconf-editor
    then open it. Now navigate to org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xrandr and uncheck the active box for the xrandr plug-in. Your xrandr static configuration should no longer be overwritten when you restart.
    Onces i disabled xrandr, my dual monitor setup functions properly and follow xorg.conf

Beans

Re: Gnome session resets Xorg layout

Quote Originally Posted by MacBooom View Post

Onces i disabled xrandr, my dual monitor setup functions properly and follow xorg.conf
    That worked for me. Thank you so much!