Thread: More and more youtube.com videos do not play any more (Firefox/Flashplayer)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

More and more youtube.com videos do not play any more (Firefox/Flashplayer)

It started a few days ago, around Feb 14.

I'm running Firefox on Ubuntu, Lucid Lynx, with Shockwave Flash (flash player) 11.2 r202 which was just updated on Feb 15.

Just about that time I noticed that some of the videos on youtube.com won't play, the video play object says "This video is currently unavailable".

Then after a while, more and more until all videos on youtube.com won't play, it's Feb 17 now nothing plays.

I don't know if this is a problem with youtube or flashplayer. I tried using some downloading plugins and they don't play/download either, the error says "no stream".

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Beans

Re: More and more youtube.com videos do not play any more (Firefox/Flashplayer)

Hi!

That sounds more like the video is removed from google or not avaiable in your contry but...

Why do use such an old release of Ubuntu?

Ubuntu 10.04 is pretty old now.

Anyway you can try to use flashaid to solve your problems, but I would highly recommend you to upgrade to a more recent version of Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Zteam; February 18th, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

Beans

Do you use Flashblock and/or AdBlock?

What happens when you use Chrome / Chromium?

Beans
    Distro

I don't use Flashblock or AdBlock,or any blocker.

The problem seems intermittent, today I was able to view one youtube video.

I haven't had time to upgrade from Lucid to ???, just didn't want to come across any upgrade problems because I'm so busy lately.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeVixen View Post
    I haven't had time to upgrade from Lucid to ???, just didn't want to come across any upgrade problems because I'm so busy lately.
    That would be upgrading to 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin. You still have two months before support for Lucid runs out. When you upgrade, make sure you upgrade to the next LTS version, not the next intermediate version, which is already unsupported.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OrangeVixen
    That would be upgrading to 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin. You still have two months before support for Lucid runs out. When you upgrade, make sure you upgrade to the next LTS version, not the next intermediate version, which is already unsupported.
    To make sure you upgrade directly to 12.04 from 10.04:

1) Open System Settings on the tool bar (Gear and Wrench)

2) Go down to System and click on software sources.

3) A new window opens, so go to Updates

4) The bottom option is 'Notify Me of New Ubuntu Version'

5)Click on 'For Long-Term Supported Versions'

That will ensure that you will upgrade to the latest LTS.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro

Is there a disk image for the Precise 64-bit upgrade? (I'm using 64-bit Lucid right now).

I'd prefer to upgrade avoiding the net if possible because I'm away from the city right now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and some adobe flash pages stopped working on Firefox a few days ago.But they work on Chrome.I think some pages need the latest version of adobe player.I have to use Chrome in order to do online banking since last week.
    Cominus et eminus

Beans
    Distro

It was strange, it was probably intermittent at youtube.com.