Thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111637 complaint.

Beans

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111637 complaint.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111637

About: Complaint on elfy, who acting as administrator decided to censor my post for trolling, because I used the word “spying”.
    Request: I ask you to redraw the censorship of my post, and make my post public on the forum again.
    Arguments: I will not state all my arguments again here, but ask you to read my posts with elfy about this matter. I covers my point of view, and why I have it.
    I find, that elfy overreacted by censoring, but wouldn't see his mistake and redraw his decision. My post is, and should be covered by freedom of speech, and should not be considered that controversial, that it cannot be made public on this forum.
    If you need further pieces of information please send a message.
    The person(s) handling my complaint, please state your relationship to elfy, since I cannot accept, if a close friend to elfy is part of a decision on my complaint.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111637 complaint.

Firstly:

Quote Originally Posted by ubto66 View Post
    My post is, and should be covered by freedom of speech,
    I don't know where you get that idea from. Anything you post is covered by the forum Code of Conduct to which you agreed when you created your forum account. The CoC disallows several things, for instance all political and religious discussion, so in that respect you do not have complete freedom of speech here. More relevant to your post, the CoC also forbids trolling:

Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.
    • Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
    • Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome.
    Your post was most definitely trollish and a warning was appropriate. Bear in mine that this was only a warning – it was not an infraction. A warning simply reminds you of the need to keep within the Code of Conduct.

Secondly:
    Quote Originally Posted by ubto66 View Post
    Complaint on elfy, who acting as administrator decided to censor my post
    You were not being censored. Elfy was acting according to the CoC:

you agree that forum staff have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the staff of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
    You have received a warning which I agree with. I suggest you move on.

One last thing. The Code of Conduct seems to be an unknown area for you and I strongly suggest you read it in its entirety. Your post above infringes another part of the CoC, namely:

Use color and font properties for highlighting portions of your text, and not for all of the text in your post. Please use the default font color and properties unless you need to highlight or draw attention to a part of your post. ALL CAPS is interpreted as screaming. Funky non-uniform font size/color is difficult for those who are visually impaired. If you are having problems with reading the font, please adjust your browser.
    Your use of giant text size is discourteous to those with visual acuity problems who use browser settings or accessibility options to make text readable. Your post would appear hopelessly oversized to people with visual problems. Normally, staff would edit posts such as yours to bring them back into compliance with the CoC, but we have a tradition of leaving Resolution Centre posts unedited. Please don't post in this way again.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111637 complaint.

You obviously didn't read the forum Code of Conduct when you created your account, as you just violated it again by using other than the default font when posting. The wording of your post was designed to create a reaction, which is the definition of trolling. As far as I'm concerned the infraction stands. I'd really suggest you read the Forum Code of Conduct before replying in the is thread.