Thread: Install Freeze on 12.04.2

Beans

Exclamation Install Freeze on 12.04.2

When I select the region during install the system hangs and does not allow me to continue. My system specifications will be attached. I'm trying to get ubuntu 12.04.2 64x to dual boot along side windows 8 pro 64x. With windows partions being C: G: H: and D: having the ubuntu install.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Install Freeze on 12.04.2

The first thing that you should understand is that we cannot install Ubuntu 12.04 on a machine with Windows 8 installed and secure boot Enabled. We need to use Ubuntu 12.10.

The second thing, is that even with 12.10 some people experience difficulties with these machines. Look though some of the recent threads on this subject. There is advice there.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by WillliamShadowruby View Post
    When I select the region during install the system hangs and does not allow me to continue. My system specifications will be attached. I'm trying to get ubuntu 12.04.2 64x to dual boot along side windows 8 pro 64x. With windows partions being C: G: H: and D: having the ubuntu install.
    I'm not sure this is particularly related to Windows 8 or UEFI or Secure Boot or anything like that - it's an odd place for a hang related to any of those. The installer logs (in /var/log/syslog and /var/log/partman after the hang - use ctrl-alt-f1 to get at them, or launch the installer from a "Try Ubuntu" session so that you can start other applications as well) might be helpful in spotting what's going on.

Beans

Thanks,

I'll try that and post back with results.

EDIT:

It's something to do with grub it throws errors about a potentially invalid drive map.

Kind of a noob here so i'm not sure.

EDIT:

I'm also going to try installing 12.10 and see how that goes I'll report back if there is any difference.
    Last edited by WillliamShadowruby; February 16th, 2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Adding addtional information and did not wish to make double post

Beans

And... no change