Hey Ubuntu Forums,

I have Ubuntu 12.10 and Windows 7 installed on my hard drive on separate partitions. I also have Ubuntu automatically mount the Windows partition on startup, using "NTFS Configuration Tool". Whenever I attempt to open a .xspf from my Windows partition (using VLC), I get errors like so in VLC
Code:
File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "/C:/Users/Tobias/Music/01 Harlem Shake.mp3". (No such file or directory)
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///C:/Users/Tobias/Music/01%20Harlem%20Shake.mp3'. Check the log for details.
I understand that the .xspf is literally just a list of song locations and that Ubuntu doesn't read "C:/Users..." My question is would it be possible to use this .xspf on both Windows 7 and Ubuntu, either making Ubuntu just read the "C:" as "/media/Windows_7" or would a different file type of playlist work for this problem? I would like to keep the playlist on my Windows partition so I can access and change it from both Ubuntu and Windows 7 without having to copy and paste it whenever I change something.

Thanks much, ask if you need any more information

412toby