Thread: installing on Acer iconia w510

Beans

Exclamation installing on Acer iconia w510

Hello there, i have a acer w510 tablet with preinstalled win8, i would love to dualboot ubuntu. But i cant get the boot to work.

Its a uefi 32bit system i Think? Intel atom z2760.

Any help would be so appriciated.

Beans

Re: installing on Acer iconia w510

Hi,

I am considering to buy a netbook/tablet all-in-one, but i do not want to go back to Windows nightmare. Did you installed Ubuntu successfully?

Beans

May need more specifics. Which version of ubuntu? It has to be at least 12.10. But it's still more complex than installing on previous windows based systems.

There are others here who are way more qualified than me to answer this, but if you just google any problem with ubuntu you'll almost always get pointed to something good from their tech support. Ubuntu tech support is perhaps the best reason to use it. Try here for a start:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/22183...ndows-8-system

A lot of this kind of configuration stuff may look complex, and it can be sometimes, but the thing with linux is that it may take longer to configure than windows but when you do it'll work. I'm certainly not trying to scare you off here. I've installed ubuntu a number of times and have only had any problems with one machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by appelzor View Post
    Hello there, i have a acer w510 tablet with preinstalled win8, i would love to dualboot ubuntu. But i cant get the boot to work.

Its a uefi 32bit system i Think? Intel atom z2760.

Any help would be so appriciated.
    This CPU is not currently supported by the linux kernel and will not boot. When Intel released this cpu it was for windows only. They did not have any plans for supporting linux on it.