Thread: Cinnamon in Raring Ringtail

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Cinnamon in Raring Ringtail

I've tried stable, nightly, raring...
    I've tried with/without caribou...
    Same thing: black screen, terminal is working, keyboard shortcuts from gnome work but no menu, no Alt-F2, nothing...
    I'll investigate libgjs0c when I get enough patience and spare time to do that...
    (Update₁: Yes I have libgjs0c installed...)
    Thank You for all support...
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.
    Quod nocet saepe docet.

Beans

Cinnamon is running fine for me.
    #!HP Envy Ubuntu 14.04 iBook G4 PPC - MintPPC from Debian Wheezy

Beans

I have the same problem as zika. I installed the alpha a few weeks ago and went straight to Cinnamon. Everything was great until I ran updates on Thursday night. Cinnamon stopped working. I had also installed Steam Thursday night and thought that might be the problem, so I blew away the alpha and started from scratch (overkill, I know, but is is my play laptop). A clean install with no additional repos/PPA's did not work with cinnamon. I keep hoping it is a library mis-match as a part of the dev cycle. Hopefully an update will soon fix things.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I also saw it in the repos and installed it in 13.04 to test it out, but all I get is my background image and some windows that don't have a decorator..... not sure what happened there.... I'll try installing caribou to see if that helps.... though an onscreen keyboard doesn't seem like that would be the issue... I am also experiencing issues with Unity, though. However... Lxde is working beautifully!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Wow... an on screen keyboard not being installed cause me to have NO panel???? That is great! I like that the Menu functions just like the dash... very neat

Beans

It was caribou for me as well. I tried installing the python dependencies for caribou, but they did not fix the problem. I ended up installing all of caribou to get back to the happiness of Cinnamon.

Beans

I've been running Cinnamon nightly on 13.04 for a couple of days with no issues but one, in fact it has fixed a wireless issue and an issue with my Logitech Performance mouse. I'm enjoying the new settings mode in Cinnamon and the breadcrumb navigation. There is still the issue of dueling file browsers causing missing desktop icons, but I used the easy workaround of deleting the Nautilus autostart file.

I recently took the plunge and bought a laptop, erased Windows 8 and installed a number of distros. I managed to get Ubuntu 12.10 to install and use the SSD cache as /. My machine now boots in 25 seconds and is way faster than W8 plus it has 750Gb storage. I went on to replace W7 on my workstation with Mint Nadia Cinnamon. I think I prefer Ubuntu spiced with Cinnamon. I had a hard time installing Mint on RAID arrays. I managed to do it but, it shouldn't be so hard.

I'm not going back to "Windows".
    Loving Linux.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Pablo Picasso; February 24th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Beans

Hello

Cinnamon is incompatible with Gnome Shell 3.8

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Closed - this is rather old to drag back - better to start again for saucy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12