Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fjbdrv: stylus does not follow rotation on fujitsu lifebook t5010 under kubuntu 12.10

Beans

fjbdrv: stylus does not follow rotation on fujitsu lifebook t5010 under kubuntu 12.10

Hello,

I am running kubuntu 12.10 on a Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 and I have some
    trouble with the rotation of the tablet. I have installed the packages
    fjbtndrv-2.3.2-1
    fjbtndrv-kernel-source-2.3.2-1
    fscd-2.3.2-1
    fscrotd-2.3.2-1
    from https://launchpad.net/~khnz/+archive/ppa/+build/2976449
    as was suggested in the thread
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1916679

With the normal orientation the stylus works fine and rotation via the
    tablet button works also. However, after rotating the screen the
    stylus is out of tune. When I point to some corner, the pointer moves
    to the neighbouring corner anti-clockwise. This is the case for the
    orientations left, inverse and right likewise. Moreover, coming back
    to normal the stylus uses only half the screen.

I have tried different solutions that were suggested for previous
    versions of ubuntu in different threads:

1. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...92&postcount=1
    • I tried the script in method 1 without any change.

• I tried the package wacomrotate in method 4 without any change.

• I tried to install magick-rotate. The installation said that the program was installed properly but checkmagick did not work

2. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=fjbtndrv
    I tried the change in rotate-wacom.sh suggested in this thread but
    that did not change anything either.

3. http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/fujitsu-siemens_lifebook_t1010
    I have tried the script provided at the end of this thread, but then
    the stylus didn't work at all.

Previously I was running ubuntu 9.10 on the laptop and everything
    worked fine.

Has anybody any other suggestion what I might try?

Best, Thomas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: fjbdrv: stylus does not follow rotation on fujitsu lifebook t5010 under kubuntu 1

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

I tried to install magick-rotate. The installation said that the program was installed properly but checkmagick did not work
    With Quantal's 3.5 kernel there should already be a working fujitsu-tablet.ko. The kernel maintainers finally accepted it into the 3.3 kernel and the bug fixes into the 3.4 kernel. My guess the reason Magick Rotation did not work is the fjbtndrv PPA you installed is interfering. That has an old version of fujtsu-tablet.ko which Magick probably can't read.

I'm surprised you were able to install the Oneiric fjbtndrv in Quantal but you probably need to remove that PPA before you can get automatic rotation working. Not sure why the rotation script in fjbtndrv isn't working for you but figuring out the problem could be tough. I've looked at it before but it is confusing because Robert uses c code to grab values, developer type stuff, rather than user level stuff we could probably decode.

You'll lose the tablet button for rotation until you find its keycode in xev and bind it to a rotation script.

Beans

Re: fjbdrv: stylus does not follow rotation on fujitsu lifebook t5010 under kubuntu 1

Dear Favux,

thanks for the very fast reply. I have deinstalled fjbtndrv and reinstalled the kernel version 3.5.0-23 in order to ensure that I have the right fujitsu-tablet.ko.

I was now able to install magick rotate. I have checked the setup and then I have used xrotate.py to rotate. That works, but the stylus does not follow. So, unfortunately the problem remains the same.

Best, Thomas

PS: I value your comments. Two years ago they made it possible for me to get the rotation working under kubuntu 9.10. Thanks also for that.

Beans
    Distro

So when you rotate the screen now Magick automatically rotates your screen orientation? Correct?

If so then fujitsu-tablet.ko is working and there is another issue. What is the output of the following command in a terminal?
    Code:
    xinput list

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    So when you rotate the screen now Magick automatically rotates your screen orientation? Correct?
    According to the "xrandr -q --verbose" output the orientation changes with each application of xrotate.py. However, no matter whether in the setup of magick-rotate the rotation mode is right or left, it switches from normal to left to inverted to right to normal. I don't know if that is important.

If so then fujitsu-tablet.ko is working and there is another issue. What is the output of the following command in a terminal?
    Code:
    xinput list
    The output of xinput list is as follows:
    Code:
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Serial Wacom Tablet stylus                id=16   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Serial Wacom Tablet eraser                id=17   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Serial Wacom Tablet touch                 id=18   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse                        id=15   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                id=19   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Fujitsu FUJ02E3                           id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Video Bus                                 id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Fujitsu FUJ02B1                           id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Fujitsu FUJ02BF                           id=10   [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                              id=11   [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Sleep Button                              id=12   [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=14   [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ FJ Camera                                 id=13   [slave  keyboard (3)]

Beans
    Distro

xrotate.py can function as a stand alone rotation script. But that is not how if is suppose to function in Magick. Do you see the green arrow tray icon? When you right click on it and go into set up and set direction to go to when rotated, is that the direction it rotates the screen orientation when you rotate the screen?

In other words from what you've said I still have no idea whether Magick is working for you yet.

The xinput list output looks normal.

Beans

xrotate.py can function as a stand alone rotation script. But that is not how if is suppose to function in Magick. Do you see the green arrow tray icon? When you right click on it and go into set up and set direction to go to when rotated, is that the direction it rotates the screen orientation when you rotate the screen?
    How do I rotate the screen with Magick if not by calling xrotate.py?

If I set the orientation in the setup to right and call xrotate.py it rotates to the left anyhow. But if I understand your comment correctly, xrotate.py and the setup are independent of each other.

Beans
    Distro

Magick senses the hinge signal when you physically swivel the screen into tablet or laptop mode and auto-magically rotates your screen orientation so you do not have to call a rotation script.

So you do have the green arrow icon in the tray? And clicking on it gets you to setup?

Beans

Magick senses the hinge signal when you physically swivel the screen into tablet or laptop mode and auto-magically rotates your screen orientation so you do not have to call a rotation script.
    Ok. Then Magick is not working properly. When I switch to tablet mode, nothing happens.

So you do have the green arrow icon in the tray? And clicking on it gets you to setup?
    Yes, I do have the green arrow icon in the tray. And yes, I do get the setup, when right-clicking on it.

Beans
    Distro

OK, then go into Setup and then Advanced Setup and click on the debugging tool log. Rotate the screen to tablet mode and back a couple of times and then attach the log to your next post.

Edit: And which version of Magick are you using?
    Last edited by Favux; February 11th, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast