Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel 3945 wireless not working

Beans

Re: Intel 3945 wireless not working

~
    Last edited by ahallubuntu; June 27th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Last edited by mörgæs; February 20th, 2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me with my wireless problem. I finally gave up and bought an external USB wi-fi dongle. It turns out that I think there is something physically wrong with the built in wi-fi Intel 3945 that my laptop comes with. This is a laptop that was handed down to me in an effort to see if I could fix it as it was at one point completely broken (problems with the power). I eventually fixed it and it now runs great except for the wi-fi. I came to the conclusion that the actual Intel 3945 Wi-Fi card is broken because eventually when I would boot into Windows I began to loose my connection whereas originally it used to run ok but with Linux Mint it never even worked. Because it began to drop the connection even in Windows I came to the conclusion that the Wi-Fi card must be broken so I decided to just buy an external one and now everything is fine.
    My problem has been solved by me replacing the faulty part so I assume that I should mark this thread as "solved". If anyone thinks otherwise let me know, otherwise I will mark it as "solved" within two days.

Thanks again

All I know is that I know nothing....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12