Thread: Error ! Required OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode" is not supported

Beans

Angry Error ! Required OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode" is not supported

Hi all ,Everytime I try to open a game in steam that supports Linux I always get this error

Error ! Required OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode" is not supported. Please update your OpenGL driver

I have no idea where to start to try fixing this please help I'm somewhat noobish

Beans

Re: Error ! Required OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode" is not supported

You didn't give much information as to which Ubuntu version you were using or what kind of video card, those would be useful. The first thing you should probably do is launch Steam and from the application's menu check for video driver updates. It will report on whether an upgrade is available for your card and give you the option to install the new version.

Beans

Re: Error ! Required OpenGL extension "GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode" is not supported

Quote Originally Posted by thnewguy View Post
    You didn't give much information as to which Ubuntu version you were using or what kind of video card, those would be useful. The first thing you should probably do is launch Steam and from the application's menu check for video driver updates. It will report on whether an upgrade is available for your card and give you the option to install the new version.
    Im using Ubuntu 12.04

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS880M [Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series]
    Notebook-PC:~$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
    OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
    OpenGL version string: 3.3.11627 Compatibility Profile Context
    OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30
    OpenGL extensions:

and everything in steam is up to date

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You and I have the same graphics card.

This is because it uses the ATI Legacy Driver, which does not support many Valve Source games (GoldSrc yes, Source no).

So if you want to play TF2, Half-Life 2, L4D/2, Portal, CS: Source, CS:GO, etc etc (when they all eventually come out), you need to get a new graphics card. Since you're using a laptop, I guess you need a new laptop.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyskunk View Post
    You and I have the same graphics card.

This is because it uses the ATI Legacy Driver, which does not support many Valve Source games (GoldSrc yes, Source no).

So if you want to play TF2, Half-Life 2, L4D/2, Portal, CS: Source, CS:GO, etc etc (when they all eventually come out), you need to get a new graphics card. Since you're using a laptop, I guess you need a new laptop.

you are wrong

i have the same card as him and i can play TF2 CS:GO all them. here is where i found this http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...1012409765/#p7

step 1 open terminal

(past)
    sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386
    hit enter
    enter you login password

to make it work with the new 13.1 legacy drivers on a radeon hd 4250, i had to COMPLETELY UNINSTALL the old drivers first (otherwise i would get the same sRGB error):
    sudo sh /usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh --force
    sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx fglrx_* fglrx-amdcccle* fglrx-dev*
    -> i removed the workaround described in this topic (it was useful for some time, big thanks)
    -> after reboot, installed the new ones:
    sudo sh 'REPLACE-WITH-PATH-TO-amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-x86.x86_64.run' --force
    -> then rebooted again.
    -> (optional) made some performance adjustments in the catalyst control center panel

started steam (not from console, directly now). it works!

P.S If you cant find the ATI drivers 13.1 i have them why i am saying this is because the ATI site is no letting me download from there website so if you can get them then NVM
    Last edited by snafu006; February 11th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snafu006 View Post
    you are wrong

i have the same card as him and i can play TF2 CS:GO all them. here is where i found this http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...1012409765/#p7

step 1 open terminal

(past)
    sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386
    hit enter
    enter you login password

to make it work with the new 13.1 legacy drivers on a radeon hd 4250, i had to COMPLETELY UNINSTALL the old drivers first (otherwise i would get the same sRGB error):
    sudo sh /usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh --force
    sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx fglrx_* fglrx-amdcccle* fglrx-dev*
    -> i removed the workaround described in this topic (it was useful for some time, big thanks)
    -> after reboot, installed the new ones:
    sudo sh 'REPLACE-WITH-PATH-TO-amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-x86.x86_64.run' --force
    -> then rebooted again.
    -> (optional) made some performance adjustments in the catalyst control center panel

started steam (not from console, directly now). it works!

P.S If you cant find the ATI drivers 13.1 i have them why i am saying this is because the ATI site is no letting me download from there website so if you can get them then NVM

Thank you the only problem I have is the

"sudo sh 'REPLACE-WITH-PATH-TO-amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-"
    step

i replaced the path to and everything and the terminal keeps giving me

"sh: 0: Can't open /home/blah/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-x86.x86_64.run"

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgold45 View Post
    Thank you the only problem I have is the

"sudo sh 'REPLACE-WITH-PATH-TO-amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-"
    step

i replaced the path to and everything and the terminal keeps giving me

"sh: 0: Can't open /home/blah/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-x86.x86_64.run"
    just do this open terminal type:

sudo sh ( then just drag and drop the ati driver into terminal ) --force

example: sudo sh '/home/snafu/Desktop/amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-x86.x86_64.run' --force

Beans
    Distro

I keep trying to build the package and it keeps giving me errors.

Code:
    objdump: debian/fglrx/usr/lib/pxpress/ld.so.conf: File format not recognized
    objdump: debian/fglrx/usr/lib/pxpress/alt_ld.so.conf: File truncated
    objdump: debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/ld.so.conf: File format not recognized
    objdump: debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/alt_ld.so.conf: File truncated
       debian/rules override_dh_shlibdeps
    make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/fglrx.BJc3CX'
    dh_shlibdeps -l/tmp/fglrx.BJc3CX/debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx:/tmp/fglrx.BJc3CX/debian/fglrx/usr/lib32/fglrx -Xlib32
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol dlsym used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XextCreateExtension used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XInitExtension used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XRead used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol sem_close used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XCloseDisplay used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XOpenDisplay used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XDisplayString used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XQueryExtension used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReply used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 12 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all).
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/atieventsd contains an unresolvable reference to symbol XauFileName: it's probably a plugin.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XOpenDisplay used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol _XReadPad used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XFree used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol dlsym used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XGetErrorDatabaseText used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol dlclose used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XMaxRequestSize used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XCreateGC used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XFreeFontInfo used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XEHeadOfExtensionList used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 found in none of the libraries.
    dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: 22 other similar warnings have been skipped (use -v to see them all).
    dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4 (used by debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/amdnotifyui).
    dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/fglrx.substvars debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2 debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/amdxmm.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/glesx.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/atieventsd debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/fglrxinfo debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/atiode debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/fgl_glxgears debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/atiodcli debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/aticonfig debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/amdnotifyui debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libaticalrt.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libatiadlxx.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/dri/fglrx_dri.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libaticaldd.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libSlotMaximizerAg.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libatiuki.so.1.0 debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libAMDXvBA.so.1.0 debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libXvBAW.so.1.0 debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libamdocl64.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libaticalcl.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libSlotMaximizerBe.so debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libOpenCL.so.1 debian/fglrx/usr/lib/fglrx/libfglrx_dm.so.1.0 returned exit code 2
    make[1]: *** [override_dh_shlibdeps] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/fglrx.BJc3CX'
    make: *** [binary-arch] Error 2
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.uJmaNq
    This is the last part of the terminal output, where all the errors start. I have all of the dependencies installed (according to the AMD install site).

Any ideas?
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.