Hellow kiddos...new version of AA is hitting the internets...
Alien Arena: Mercury Edition has been released!
After months upon months of work, the newest version of Alien Arena has been unleashed with a number of new features, graphical enhancements, and a much faster rendering game engine.
Some of the new features for this release include:
- Major improvements in map rendering speed
- HD lightmaps
- IQM mesh animation now handled in GPU for major peformance gains
- Particle rendering optimizations
- Fixed issues with ATI and shaders
- Soft shadowmapping for vegetation and players
- Cubemapping on mesh and map surfaces
- New glass and water effects
- Weapon switching has been made significantly faster
- TCA now best two out of three
- Various player models received poly increases for smoothness
- New armor models
Alien Arena is a freeware deathmatch game that has been around for some time, and steadily evolved into what we feel is a leader among a crowded fps field. With it's smooth gameplay, balanced weapons, and rich, immersive arenas, the game is an artisticly cohesive tour de force in the genre. Alien Arena is free to download, free to play, and the code is open sourced.
Mercury Edition screenshots:
Direct link - http://red.planetarena.org/files/trailer2k12.wmv
For more information about Alien Arena and to download the game visit http://red.planetarena.org
Changelog - http://red.planetarena.org/aachangelogs/7.65.txt