First off, I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate for this forum, but you guys are the only people I know who might know how to help me. So just tell me to delete if I should.

Ok, I have an ancient netbook that has served me well for about 3 years now, running ubuntu for most of its life. Its hardware is pathetic, but generally ubuntu's nature of being very fast and clean was enough to compensate. I would now like to allot a section of my HDD to be able to run Chromium OS, after reading about its speed and compatibility with laptops. I want a dual-boot because I still like ubuntu's many applications, and I'm not ready to give them up quite yet.
I don't know much about chromium OS, but I know it's not a simple download, and that you have to compile it yourself. So I would like your help compiling it onto my computer alongside ubuntu 12.10, if thats possible. I post in absolute beginner because I'm not well versed in linux, so basic, or step-by-step instructions are appreciated. Thanks for any help you can give.

tl;dr - How do I dual-boot ubuntu 12.10 and chromium os?