Thread: How to install Xilinx & Modelsim tools in Ubuntu

Beans

Question How to install Xilinx & Modelsim tools in Ubuntu

How & where do I install the Xilinx & Modelsim tools in Ubuntu. These are ".exe" files..
    Last edited by sandyd; February 9th, 2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: title

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: installation

We do not install exe files in Linux/Ubuntu. Those are Microsoft Windows program executable files and will not run on Linux.

We can install something called wine that often fools Windows programs into running on Linux.

http://www.winehq.org/

I use it to run a Windows program that I have. You can find it in the Ubuntu Software Centre. Your exe files may load. They may not.

If you install wine, look in the Dash for Uninstall Wine Programs. Open it and you will see an Install button that will help you install those programs in the way Windows installs programs.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Wink Re: installation

The easiest way to install all the Xilinx tools is to go to this website
    http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm
    and download Vivado and ISE design suites (latest 14.4) for ALL PLATFORMS. All platforms download contains installers for both Windows and Linux.
    You can register with Xilinx and get a free license for Webpack. Check out Webpack for more details into which softwares you have licenses for.

P: Once you have ISE downloaded, locate the installer in the downloaded folder and install!