Thread: Login sound

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Login sound

I want to disable the login sound. However, the login screen does not appear in preferences, system tools, or administration. I saw a page that said you could disable in in lightDM but muting that mutes everything when DO log in. so no joy there. Where is my configuration for that now?

Also while I'm at it. why does google chrome always put my close, min, and max buttons on the left even though I have them on the right?
    Last edited by Synoc; February 8th, 2013 at 03:51 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Login sound

You can disable it from "Startup Applications". Just un-check the 'GNOME Login Sound'. If, you don't see ALL the startup/autostart applications in the Startup Manager then run the following from the Terminal:

Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/NoDisplay=true/NoDisplay=false/g' /etc/xdg/autostart/*.desktop
    EDIT: For chrome: in chrome settings you have to choose from "Appearance" to "Use system title bar and borders" for your customizations to work.
    Last edited by fantab; February 8th, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Login sound

Quote Originally Posted by fantab View Post
    You can disable it from "Startup Applications". Just un-check the 'GNOME Login Sound'. If, you don't see ALL the startup/autostart applications in the Startup Manager then run the following from the Terminal:

Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/NoDisplay=true/NoDisplay=false/g' /etc/xdg/autostart/*.desktop
    EDIT: For chrome: in chrome settings you have to choose from "Appearance" to "Use system title bar and borders" for your customizations to work.
    I don't want the system title bars I want the ones used with the theme I have, but even the theme ones are on the right... and all of my other Linux systems. Theses are always on the left for some reason. the theme is Ancient Dark. if you look at the screen shots they are on the right. on my Ubuntu desktop they are on the right too. on this PC before I nuked it and installed 12.04 they were on the right as well.

As far as the login sound GNOME Login Sound was not there, so I just renamed the file so it doesn't find it any more, but thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Synoc; February 8th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.