Thread: Help needed from PC novice!

Beans

Help needed from PC novice!

Hi all, i am desperately hoping you can help!!

I have been studying the forum for a few hours now and can't fnd a solution to my issue!

I have followed the usb installer instructions to enable me to use Ubuntu on it's own on my HP Mini 110-3000 notebook, my problem is when i get to the section where i need to enter "precise desktop .iso"..........there is none abailable anywhere to choose from?!

I have resorted to using the windows installer at the moment but would like to remove windows altogether, however after reading the LONG and COMPLICATED instructions on doing theis, would really rather avoid this!

So, can anyone tell em how to get past this section with the missing .iso file to allow me to install it completely on its own?
    Many thanks

Andi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Help needed from PC novice!

What section to enter the ISO are you talking about? Are you talking about creating the live usb with ubuntu, or the actual installation process after you have started it?

Depending what program are you using the create the live usb, most are simple to use. You only have to tell it which ISo to use. You will have the ISO downloaded on that computer first.
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

If you created an Ubuntu installation USB, there is NO ISO file because you used that to create the bootable USB stick. You simply boot from that stick and do the installation.

This should give you the option to use the entire disk -- which sounds like what you want to do.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Did you follow this advice?

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/...ick-on-windows

How to create a USB stick on Windows.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530