Hi,

I am new to Ubuntu, and this is my first (but I'm sure not my last!) post. Having just installed it on my Samsung 10" netbook that had been running Windows 7. I'm getting familiar with the new setup and like it very much. One problem I am having, however, is with the launcher. (on left side of screen) Since I am currently using Docky, which has all the same info as the side launcher, I wanted to remove the launcher to increase the size of my limited screen space. I understand that it can be set up to enable it to come and go using the curser, but it does not seem to work 100% of the time. So I'd like to keep the launcher hidden, and just use Docky. Trouble is, when I hide the launcher, I still cannot take over that last piece of screen real estate, no matter how hard I try. All of my windows stop at where the launcher used to be, and nothing I do can make use of that final inch of screen. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but my tired brain is struggling at the moment. Aside from this hiccup, I'm loving my new operating system!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Glen B.
Fogo Island, Newfoundland