Thread: how to install gerix

Beans

how to install gerix

i downloaded a zip from tiger security with gerix.extracted it but dont know how to install it.help please im a noob here.the folder is on my desktop.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Beans

Re: how to install gerix

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post

i already checked that.im getting an error that system needs qt3-python installed.i downloaded the tar.gz python qt3 ,extracted but dont know how to install it.its on my desktop.
    Last edited by valleron2009; January 31st, 2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: false

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You must be aware that it's not advisable to download and install applications from internet files.
    Most applications for Ubuntu are available through the Software Center or using a package manager like aptitude or synaptic to download and install packages. Installing from the Software Center is much more secure, much easier, and will allow the app to get updates from Ubuntu.

That said, regarding what you ask the answer is that you cannot install a .tar.gz because these files are gzip-compressed tarballs.
    What you can do is to open a terminal window and navigate to the folder where you have your .tar.gz file and extract it by running the following commands:
    Code:
    tar xvzf PACKAGENAME.tar.gz
    Then:
    Code:
    ./configure
    make
    make install

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thread closed. We do not support wifi cracking here: "Material that suggests illegal activity or contains illegal content is also forbidden."