Thread: Zero Post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

Zero Post

When post have zero activity, It would seem reasonable the OP would have a means to delete the zero post. Other forums offer this feature.
    Last edited by Bull Moose; July 7th, 2006 at 11:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Zero Post

How much activity will this thread have I wonder....

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

How do you know it will stay a zero post? Some posts get answered days later.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Moose View Post
    When post have zero activity, It would seem reasonable the OP would have a means to delete the zero post. Other forums offer this feature.
    Just wait a while, because some people only use the forums once or twice a week. I waited a week and a half once, and when I had just about given up, I saw my post answered.

If you really must have a post removed, you can PM (send a private message to the forum staff), and they will remove it for you.

I would suggest that you leave it, because if someone solves your problem, it is there for other people in the future that have the same problem. All they have to do is a "forum search" and hey-presto solved

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

There are many reasons why an OP may want to delete a post, perhaps the reason is not necessarily because it has zero replies.
    Regards
    Compaq DeskPro Warrior

Beans

My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Thumbs up Re: Zero Post

BUMP

Thank you ubuntu-geek this is exactly what, if I had to make a guess, Bull Moose was looking for. It for certain is what I needed to know to put this issue to rest once and for all.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...43&postcount=8

Perhaps the information contained in this URL needs to become a STICKY. Also it needs a real zippy title,
    Regards
    Compaq DeskPro Warrior

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

Thumbs up Re: Zero Post

BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-geek View Post
    Thank you for the URL. Now I understand the reason why it's not possible on ubuntu for an OP to delete a zero reply post. Perhaps this URL or something similar needs to be posted as sticky.

At one time the "off topic forum" at xandros held my interest and it's possible for the OP to delete the zero reply post.

Regards

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Moose View Post
    At one time the "off topic forum" at xandros held my interest and it's possible for the OP to delete the zero reply post.
    We get so few inquiries as to this topic that we might make a bigger "faq sticky" in here in a while and add some not-often-asked questions like this to it.

Since I have no idea what the Xandros forum runs as far as forum software, nor do I know what kind of setup they have, I can't comment as to why they have that option and we do not. Currently however, we do not have that granularity of control over when a user can delete a thread.

Thread deletion is also not something we suggest, even in the wake of zero replies.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all