Thread: Does WINE distort Powerpoint slides?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Does WINE distort Powerpoint slides?

I have a client that needs to run a teaching suite and they consist of many Powerpoint slides on the network. I'm building a large touchscreen interface with a custom front end where they'll be able to select the slides and display them.

a) Is there any guarantee the slides will be exactly the same in WINE? I can't have the possibility of a single line being out of place.

b) Does it support animations like dragging your finger across the slide to move to the next one like on a tablet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam Green View Post
    I can tell you something about a turntable.
    I have two of them.
    And a microphone.
    Where it's at.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Does WINE distort Powerpoint slides?

Quote Originally Posted by Maheriano View Post
    I have a client that needs to run a teaching suite and they consist of many Powerpoint slides on the network. I'm building a large touchscreen interface with a custom front end where they'll be able to select the slides and display them.

a) Is there any guarantee the slides will be exactly the same in WINE? I can't have the possibility of a single line being out of place.

b) Does it support animations like dragging your finger across the slide to move to the next one like on a tablet?
    Wine itself doesn't display powerpoint slides.

But wine can run various versions of Powerpoint Viewer and the full versions of Powerpoint. However there are many issues using Powerpoint with wine. See the Powerpoint appdb entry for your version. Or the viewer appdb entry.
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader