Thread: Curlftpfs in fstab problem

Beans

Question Curlftpfs in fstab problem

Hi. I'm using curlftpfs to mount an ftp server in my filesystem. This works very well when I mount it manually after startup (mount -a). I've added this mount to fstab but ubuntu halts during startup saying it cant be mounted. When I press M and try to mount it manually it seems to me that the network is not initialized yet.
    How can I solve this?

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: Curlftpfs in fstab problem

Posting your fstab would help. Without looking at that though are you using the _netdev option? This should allow the network share to come up after the network is initialized.

Beans

Thanks for the reply. That solved it:D
    This is my fstab:
    curlftpfs#ftp://ftpuser:passw@server /mnt/ftpbackup fuse rw,uid=1000,umask=0777,user,suid,allow_other,exec, auto,utf8,_netdev 0 1

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi there,
    I know this thread is old but I'm experiencing the same problem with Ubuntu Gnome 13.04.
    I can mount manually my ftp folder using curlftpfs but I can't mount it with Fstab during boot due to network not ready as reported on my error log.
    Don't know why but the option _netdev is considered invalid, even when I try with mount -a.
    Any tips? Thanks.

Beans

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem mounting an ftp - same issue on boot, this time in xubuntu 13.04. Any ideas?

My fstab: curlftpfs#userass@ftp.server.com/public_html /mnt/ftp/servername fuse rw,uid=500,allow_other,user,auto 0 1

Thanks in advance!

Oliver

ps. sorry for the thread revival...

Beans

Whoops, that was meant to be user : pass...