Thread: Asus EEE PC no gui - x101ch - Xubuntu 12.10

Beans

Asus EEE PC no gui - x101ch - Xubuntu 12.10

After installing Xubuntu 12.10 on my Asus EEE PC x101ch (netbook), I can boot into Xubuntu but it will not boot into the gui (xfce). It gives me the CLI and not the GUI.

Trying 'startx' or 'startxfce4' gives me the error 'fatal server error: no screens found'. I tried reinstalling xubuntu as well, this has not fixed the issue. I've looked at this thread and it does not seem to match the problem I've having, also I do not understand everything it is saying.

I can use a CLI as long I'm giving instructions on what to type in.
    It seems the network adapter is working with xubuntu so I would be able to download files etc. if I need to in order to fix the issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Asus EEE PC no gui - x101ch - Xubuntu 12.10

By any chance is there two video cards on that machine because i have the Asus 1215n and I could not use the nvida card had to use the built on intel card, I don't know if you installed the nvida drives and this started.

P.S. also been a while scene i have used that laptop got a new one

Beans

There is only one graphics card. An integrated Intel GMA.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Asus EEE PC no gui - x101ch - Xubuntu 12.10

It appears no GUI's will run on my netbook's chipset as the xorg drivers do not work for the Cedar Trail chipset. I am very sad to hear this as my netbook is incredibly slow with Windows 7 and I wanted to speed it up with linux. Oh well.

Beans

I can run most distro's on my Asus Eee PC X101 CH (Which has only 1Gb Ram) But Pinguy runs fastest.

Beans

Hello, i have sort of problem also with video.

For me xubuntu 12.04 works just fine but the problem is if eeepc goes to suspend/hybernate, when is comming back the image is totally trashed. The display shows colored strips all over the screen

Anyone with the same problem?