Greetings all,

I am very new to linux and trying to learn as I go along. My problem/question is this. I have a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.8.2 and an HP Mini 210-1170nr. I initially tried to install ubuntu lts 12.04.1 32 bit which would have been appropriate for the specs on the mini. I received an error on attempting to install pertaining to a driver issue. I was able to get lubuntu running however. The actual problem or question is related to configuring SAMBA to share from the mini to my Mac. I have tried reading multiple guides online and haven't really gotten anywhere. I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong. Should I (a.) try a different Linux distro i.e. mint, fedora, etc, (b.) follow a specific guide for sharing from Samba linux to my Mac, or (c.) try to re-install the lubuntu iso to try from scratch again (perhaps my attempts have messed up a config file?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can try to list what I have from the samba.conf file if that helps? When I hit apple + k to connect to a server, I can never get it to work.

Regards,
Butt3rs84