Thread: microsoft access xfce xubuntu DonFphrnqTaub Persina

Beans

microsoft access xfce xubuntu DonFphrnqTaub Persina

I wish for a patch that would enable various microsoft features regarding a mouse & a keyboard, including the large arrow pointer [ & various alternative images ], left double click, double click shift, double click control, double click alternate,.......

I had really liked googledesktop for a few years; I am inept @ getting docfetcher to do literally anything.

There are many functions that I want to regain.

Thank You,

DonFphrnqTaub Persina

Beans

Exclamation Re: microsoft access xfce xubuntu DonFphrnqTaub Persina

Please help me. Thank You.

Beans

Re: microsoft access xfce xubuntu DonFphrnqTaub Persina

Quote Originally Posted by hopiakuta View Post
    I wish for a patch that would enable various microsoft features regarding a mouse & a keyboard, including the large arrow pointer [ & various alternative images ], left double click, double click shift, double click control, double click alternate,.......

I had really liked googledesktop for a few years; I am inept @ getting docfetcher to do literally anything.

Thank You,

DonFphrnqTaub Persina

Quote Originally Posted by howefield
    Quote Originally Posted by hopiakuta
    Quote Originally Posted by howefield
    Hello hopiakuta,

Please keep the non support comments out of the support sections of the forum.

If you have a query please post following the guidelines in the following link..

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1422475

I have no idea what that means; I have consistently been denied support. I do not even have the machine that I had first registered to your website with. All these years later, I still get zilch from you. Just show me the page where I can finally locate support, please. Or teach me how to scribe a thread that you actually like. You have many pages about disability access; but, I have never seen one instance of disability access on your website. Not ever.

howefield, even replying to your private message is resulting in error messages. Disability access is impossible unless something on the website actually works & results in a cognitive reply.
    My turn to be confused, how can you have been "consistently denied support" when you have one support thread a few hours old ?

To be honest, I'm not sure anyone can answer your thread with the paucity of information you choose to post. I have given you a link that may help you formulate a better question, whether you use it or not is up to you.

Out of interest, which version of Ubuntu are you running ?
    I do not usually like private messages; nor do I like electronic mail.

My question or comment is very specific & very public:

< http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2107348 >.

Beans

Either I have done this & you are in denial or I am not capable due to disability:

Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible
    When posting a question on the Ubuntu forums, there are some things you can do to make sure your question gets answered quickly.

General Guidelines

There are no stupid questions. You're not a stupid person simply because you do not know how to do something, or do not have the answer to a question. Everyone was a green user at one point in time.
    Use the forum search first. Most problems have happened to at least one other person before, and have already been discussed in an existing thread. If you can find your solution this way, it will be much faster than waiting on someone else. The search box can be found in the upper-righthand corner of the page.
    Post in the correct forum. At the end of this post is a list of forums that you can post your questions or comments in. If you post in a forum that is not meant for your question, then it will have to be moved by a moderator to the correct forum, which make support take longer. If you accidentally post in the wrong forum, ask a moderator to move it for you rather than making a new post, or one of your posts will get deleted.
    Make the title of your thread meaningful and concise. For example, if you are having difficulty using your BroadCom card to connect to your wireless internet, the title "Cannot connect to wireless with BroadCom card" will attract people with experience with wireless internet and BroadCom cards. Titles like "Help me please!!!" or "I have a problem" may be overlooked by people who could otherwise help you.
    Indicate your level of experience with Ubuntu and the topic of your problem. If you are new to Ubuntu, mention that at the beginning of your post. There are often many ways to solve a problem, and knowing your level of expertise will help others suggest the method that is best for you.
    Explain how you installed or are installing Ubuntu. There are many different flavors of Ubuntu and even more ways to install it. Most people will assume you used the latest version of the Ubuntu Desktop Edition CD to install, so if you installed via Wubi, had Ubuntu preinstalled on your computer, or have any flavor of Ubuntu other than the latest Ubuntu Desktop Edition, say so.
    Provide information relevant to your problem. Error messages usually contain valuable information, so include those in your post.

A picture or a screenshot is worth a thousand words. To take a screenshot in Ubuntu, press the "prt sc" button near the upper-righthand corner of your keyboard. You will be given a chance to save your screenshot to a file, which you can then attach to your post.

If your problem is related to any specific hardware, (for example, wireless or video problems), then include a model number for that piece of hardware. If you don't know how to find your model number, look at the "Hardware Information" section below.
    Use proper grammar and punctuation. Most members of the forum won't get stuck up on grammar, spelling or punctuation, but grammar is still important when communicating your problem. This makes it easier for those on the receiving end of your message to understand what you meant, especially for those who are not native English speakers. At minimum you should mark the end of your sentences.
    Don't ramble. Some background information on your problem is necessary, but try to keep all the information in your post relevant to your problem.
    Follow the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct. The UF Code of Conduct details the forum rules that all users must abide by. These rules can generally be summed up to one phrase: Be friendly to everyone. If you follow that one rule, there should be no problems. Section II of the Code of Conduct also gives some advice on asking for technical support.
    Check back on your thread and answer any questions others have about your problem. Sometimes more information will be required to fix your problem, and a forum member will respond to your thread with instructions on how to get that information. If you do not like to check back on the thread page, you can use the "Subscribe to this Thread" feature from the Thread Tools menu near the upper-lefthand corner of the page.
    Let us know when it's fixed. When your problem is solved, mark your thread as [SOLVED] by using the Thread Tools menu near the upper-righthand corner of the page, and remember to thank those who helped fix your problem. This lets us know that we are doing some good with our time, and encourages us to keep at it.
    Post only one thread on your topic. Posting multiple threads dilutes community effort, and makes it more difficult for others to help.

If you believe that you have been cracked or otherwise attacked, please read this before posting.

Beans

My sceenname is hopiakuta; I am DonFphrnqTaub Persina.

My sceenname is hopiakuta; I am DonFphrnqTaub Persina.

Beans

I did a quick google for "xfce cursor theme". It turns up lots of links, including this one:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1974227
    It looks as though changing the cursor is possible but not easy. The thread lists several sites where new cursor themes can be downloaded from.

As for changing mouse double-click behaviour, I don't think that is possible in XFCE. Maybe it's application specific, I'm not sure, but I can't see any settings in the mouse part of the settings manager.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    I did a quick google for "xfce cursor theme". It turns up lots of links, including this one:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1974227
    It looks as though changing the cursor is possible but not easy. The thread lists several sites where new cursor themes can be downloaded from.

As for changing mouse double-click behaviour, I don't think that is possible in XFCE. Maybe it's application specific, I'm not sure, but I can't see any settings in the mouse part of the settings manager.

Thank You.

You are the first person to do the research to actually attempt to help; however, the only help seems to be confirmation that linux despises disability access & the disability community, despite having thousands of disability access pages.

You write in English English; I read in American English.

I have just received a private message that seems to be a stock machine written way of saying that I should get lost. Since I am lost, then I guess that nothing about this operating system, nor this website, shall ever improve.

Beans

the only help seems to be confirmation that linux despises disability access & the disability community, despite having thousands of disability access pages.
    Linux doesn't despise disability - that's in your imagination. However, not all desktops have developed good disability assistance features yet. I'm not very familiar with either so I can't say for sure, but you may have more luck with a more mature and full-featured desktop such as Gnome or KDE.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thank You,

DonFphrnqTaub Persina
    So, you're wanting access to features of XFCE.
    You haven't listed an Ubuntu version or an XFCE version. Those would help.
    Specifically you're wanting help with accessibility options?
    What options are you after?

You can adjust the size and theme of the cursor from>
    Applications > Settings > Settings Manager > Mouse and Touchpad > Theme.

From there, you can adjust the size of the cursor and theme.

As far as left-double-click, do you mean setting the mouse to be left-handed?

It's in the same section under the Devices Tab. It's an option click in the menu.

As far as double-click control, double-click shift, etc. I'm not sure what those equivalents are under windows. I've never had to use them.

XFCE does have accessability options. To enable them, go to >
    Applicaitons > Settings > Settings Manager > Accessability
    You'll find a check box for "Enable Assistive Technologies".
    Check the box, log out, and log back in to enable Assistive Technologies.
    The Keyboard tab has options for sticky keys, bounce keys, and slow keys.
    And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick: "rational thinking."
    But, when you're good and crazy? Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! The sky is the limit!