Thread: Question on Ardour bus usage

Beans

Question on Ardour bus usage

Hello all.

I'm afraid I have a question that will no doubt once and for all reveal my complete lack of knowledge and talent. I've been trying to work it out on and off for quite a while and feel its time to give in. So here it is.....

Im using ardour 2 for multi track recording. I have a load of drums, or guitars or whatever that I want to give the same reverb treatment. So a bus seems the ideal solution. I create a bus and send the required tracks to it. I add the reverb to the bus. And heres where the problems arises. I still hear the clean tracks playing so I cant properly audition my Verb. Reduce volume of the clean tracks and I dont get signal to the Bus - same thing if I mute them.

So..... What am I doing wrong and whats the right way of achieving my goals.

Cheers (and sorry for remedial question).

Beans

Re: Question on Ardour bus usage

A bump for the cause........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Did you disconnect connections between tracks and main output? So that the audio goes just thru the bus, and you regulate dry/wet amount in the plugin.

Beans

Thanks for the reply.

As it happens the muting is now working without killing the bus signal. Not sure whether I have done something different or my previous session had some kind of issue. Anyway, problem solved.

Cheers