Thread: how to add force quit to top toolbar gnome classic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

how to add force quit to top toolbar gnome classic

I have an issue with a shoutbox that is stuck open on my bottom toolbar - I posted about it http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2102349

No help there so I thought maybe if I can just add 'force quit' to my gnome classic toolbar I could use that to make it go away. I can find all sorts of instructions for how to add it to unity but not for gnome classic. How would I do that? Barring that, maybe there is a command line I can use to get rid of it?

thanks

mystmaiden

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: how to add force quit to top toolbar gnome classic

I assume that you are talking about adding "Force Quit" to the upper panel. To do that, one must press the Alt key and then right-click on the panel. A dialog box should appear with "Add to Panel..." as the first option. Click on "Add to Panel..." and a subsequent dialog box opens with Force Quit as one of the selections. Please report back if this doesn't behave as I described.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thank you, Michael for the reply. I am sorry I was so slow to reply.
    I was able to add force-quit with the alt key, that part was simple but unfortunately the app seems to have a bug. It froze everything and I had to do a hard shutdown. Honestly, if it had taken that open chat away I would not have minded. The good news is pressing alt and hitting the chat box icon allowed me to make it go away! Huzzah!!

thanks so much!!

mystmaiden
    Last edited by mystmaiden; January 14th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I'm glad that your problem was solved. Thanks for reporting back mystmaiden.