Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    1,314
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    I cut my linux chops on gnome2, like a lot of newer users. I was really, really sad to hear of it dying. I dual-boot OS's now between Ubuntu 10.04 and Xubuntu 12.04 and honestly, the more I learn about configuring Xfce, the more I like Xubuntu 12.04.

    I spend most of my time in Xubuntu 12.04 with Xfce 4.12 now, and will not have any trouble computing without gnome2, once Ubuntu 10.04 reaches EOL.

    I am very happy I have found Xubuntu.

    ;p
    One Psychiatrist's Definition of Insanity: Knowing what one should do and doing differently.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rural Nevada, USA
    Beans
    316
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    "Elegant" is the term I would use. Simple and intuitive, and fast. Nice default values for fonts and window styles.

    I'm very productive on it, and my gripes are few.

    Now, if we could just replace that rat...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Freight Yard
    Beans
    211
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 17.04 Zesty Zapus

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    I've got LXDE on my Xubuntu 12.10, does that make it LXubuntu now?
    This post is like Brigadoon!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Beans
    125
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    Officially a member of one of the Xfce translating teams since today! Uploaded my first translations! Yippee
    "Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink." - Charles Bukowski

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aykoola View Post
    Officially a member of one of the Xfce translating teams since today! Uploaded my first translations! Yippee
    May I offer you sincere congratulations -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Beans
    239
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    The boy who introduced me to Xubuntu put it this way:

    Bestest most wonderfulest Linux in the history of ever!
    I can't top that.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    24

    Smile Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    Long time Ubuntu user and now a refugee from Ubuntu/Unity.

    Been using Xubuntu for a couple of months now and it's absolutely phenomenal !

    Why not a seperate stand alone Xubuntu forum like most other Ubuntu branched distros ?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tubular View Post
    ...

    Why not a seperate stand alone Xubuntu forum like most other Ubuntu branched distros ?
    There used to be one in the dim and distant past. At some point they must have chosen to close it and use this one.

    If you want to specifically search here for Xubuntu threads - I use

    ubuntuforums.org/search.php?do=process&prefixchoice[]=xubuntu

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Beans
    125
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    Elfy, just one more question from me: But would it be doable if there was just Xubuntu theming for this forum available instead of a standalone forum? What i mean is actually only a colour change, so that everything that's orange in the existing theme would be a nice Xubu shade of blue? If that's doable in any way. It would ofcourse be opt-in, so the default is orange and you than manually choose the blue one over the orange. + does the old forum theme exist anymore, i really liked it?


    And next, on Xubuntu. Someone mentioned default font values - those are the best in any distro i have ever tried. And yes, i know you can change them in any distro, but the thing is, that preconfiguration is very important to first time users. I wish Xfce would use the greybird theme by default, instead of the ugly looking one
    "Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink." - Charles Bukowski

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Beans
    6,024

    Re: Xubuntu Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aykoola View Post
    Elfy, just one more question from me: But would it be doable if there was just Xubuntu theming for this forum available instead of a standalone forum? What i mean is actually only a colour change, so that everything that's orange in the existing theme would be a nice Xubu shade of blue? If that's doable in any way. It would ofcourse be opt-in, so the default is orange and you than manually choose the blue one over the orange. + does the old forum theme exist anymore, i really liked it?


    And next, on Xubuntu. Someone mentioned default font values - those are the best in any distro i have ever tried. And yes, i know you can change them in any distro, but the thing is, that preconfiguration is very important to first time users. I wish Xfce would use the greybird theme by default, instead of the ugly looking one
    Maybe someone can create a Stylish one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •