Thread: printer install

Beans

printer install

Hey...new to the world of ubuntu, but love it already. I have a new HP 3520 deskjet printer I am trying to install wirelessly on a laptop with ubuntu 12.04.

The general landscape of my network is a wireless router, wireless printer on the network through the router wirelessly, 4 laptops in the house.

I have successfully installed the printer on 2 laptops that have Win 7 and Win 8 OS, the 3rd laptop uses OS ubuntu 12.04....it seems as if I have sucessfully installed the printer on this laptop....my issue is that when I try to print a test page, or print from any app nothing gets printed.

I have installed and deleted the printer a few times....its currently installed and has a green check on its icon....when i install it and go to print the test page, the dialogue box reads..... Processing-connecting to printer, then flashes -rendering, then idle - ready to print. It seems there is some sort of connection signal happening from the laptop to printer since the printer's LED screen lites up when I start the print a test page request.

The printer works 100% from other laptops, the router is working, wireless connections are 100% between laptops and router......

So needless to say I am baffled at the moment.......once I solve this problem my next conquest will be installation on the 4th laptop that has dual OS....ubuntu and Win 7...

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: printer install

Sounds like you need a driver, try here.

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

Welcome to the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: printer install

It needs hplip 3.12.6, and 12.04 has only 3.12.2, so try the newer version from the hplip site.
    http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 16.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo --- Wireless-Info