Thread: change "aero snap" guide color

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

change "aero snap" guide color

Hi to all.

I admitt my question may be already solved, or have an easy solution, but I've failed searching for it, as I don't know what terms do I have to use to search it

I've configured my kde desktop and I'm very happy with it, but, when doing the "aero snap" thing, the transparent "guide" it creates to show you how the window shape will be has become white and almost invisible.
    Where's the option to change it?
    I've made a lot of searches both in English and Spanish and changed some values in the settings with no joy. Again, is very probable I just don't know how this setting is called.

I put a photo to show you what do I want to change. In the photo the guide is clearly seen because is against a dark background, but when in front of, let's say, the browser, becomes almost invisible.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: change "aero snap" guide color

Colour Scheme will change it

system settings> application appearance> colors.

You'll want to change the color i have highlighted in the preview below "background selection".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you for your help, but that doesn't do what I was looking for...
    That changes the color when you select something. In my case that was set up as green, so it isn't the one I'm looking for.

I've tried changing all the white/grey/light grey color options and nothing...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hmm, i was thinking it was linked to the rectangle select colour, but you right, it doesn't effect the colour shown when in snap mode... im looking all over the colour scheme options and i don't see anything..

Update: After searching high and low, i think that particular colour, might be hard coded into the theme itself, and not a setting KDE can change. I never noticed it before, but now it seriously bothers me..
    Last edited by Jakin; January 18th, 2013 at 04:38 AM.
    Toshiba Satellite L875-s7230 / A6 2.7ghz dual-core piledriver w/ ATI Radeon HD 7520G / 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM / 500 GB Seagate Momentus XT formatted JFS. >Wifi Drivers for this machine< My Deviant Screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

OK, I've asked on KDE forums and found the solution.

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=109658

That part is controlled from the desktop theme, so that's what I had to change. I haven't found the specific value for it, but there are a lot of themes, so I found one I liked and didn't have to change anything.

I'll change this as solved.