Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have You Noticed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Have You Noticed?

I got the daily iso but, it would not install with any kind of usb drive connected. I first tried with my 1TB usb drive connected.
    It would not install. Wouldn't go past where it said it had internet access and enough free space on the disk.

So, I shutdown and turned the usb drive off. Same results. I even clicked on "try Ubunutu" and then install and same results.
    But, it mentioned that I had a /dev/sdb mounted and did I want to unmount it. I said yes and it still went no where.

Then I realized my wife had asked me to recharge her ipod so that is where it got the sdb at. I ejected and removed it but, it still went no where.

Not until rebooting with nothing usb related connected did it finally install. I noticed that while it was installing it still said "12.10".

But, the login screen says "13.04" now.

I am a long ways from getting it back like it was but, that where the fun comes in for me.

I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I do it a little differently. I use my own syslinus.cfg and ldlinux.sys and just replace all the other files with whats inside of the ISO. I don't have to reformat my flash drive.

At some point they changed the pointer to vmlinuz to vmlinuz.efi. So my current syslinux.cfg file looks like this:

Code:
    DEFAULT live
    LABEL live
    kernel /casper/vmlinuz.efi
    append noprompt cdrom-detect/try-usb=true file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper initrd=/casper/initrd.lz quiet splash --
    Both syslinux and ldlinx files are located on the root.

That way it just boots the distro straight away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hi guys
    i am back and after installing yesterday's 64 bits i am here to say that i see no differences in performance between the two if anything the 32 bits boots up faster than the 64 bits but that's all i see in differences.

for now i will stay with the 64 bits since i had a crash to report and that may help the Ubuntu Team for fixing bugs.i also noticed that skype does not offer a 64 bit version but a 32 and a multiarch,that i don't know what it is but the 32 bit installed ok and works ok in a 64 bit enviroment.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hi guys
    i am back and after installing yesterday's 64 bits i am here to say that i see no differences in performance between the two if anything the 32 bits boots up faster than the 64 bits but that's all i see in differences.

for now i will stay with the 64 bits since i had a crash to report and that may help the Ubuntu Team for fixing bugs.i also noticed that skype does not offer a 64 bit version but a 32 and a multiarch,that i don't know what it is but the 32 bit installed ok and works ok in a 64 bit enviroment.

all these was done in the same machine,all hardware is exactly the same but two separates hard drives,i have a trayless sata bay where i can change hard drives in seconds and transform this machine into whatever i want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hummm
    i am having problems with mic recordings
    chesse does not get audio from mic while recording a video
    skype mic does not work either
    these did not happens with 32 bit
    i am willing to give it another day
    oh by the way the xorg crash still happens with video problems to report

Beans
    Distro

Today's daily build amd64 will not install. 26 January.

Ubiquity fails with a message about "cannot install to a partition outside of the disk".

Launchpad says this has been reported as bug #1103213 which must be some secret that Launchpad won't let me see.

This bug has been around for ~ 3 weeks now on each daily build.

Raring Ringtail amd64 daily build dead in the water.

Entering this message a raring amd64 installed 22 December with mucho updates since.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

empathy crashes when i try to start a chat conversation with a facebook contact
    cheese does not records audio
    skype does not records audio
    xorg crashes every boot
    so far guys 32 bit is more stable than 64 bit
    i am a tester and i test a lot,i almost install the daily 32 bits DAILY or every other day,my first experience with the 64 bit started yesterday and it hasn't been a good one,hehehehe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

and the problems keep coming
    google's voice plugin for firefox keeps crashing on 64Bit eventhou it is installed every two or three uses asks to install the voice plugin again
    and calls mute half way trhough the call,it may have a lot to do with the mic problem i am having
    google's voice is CRITICAL for me since it is my main Phone for Intl Calling
    still don't want to quit my 64Bit testing but my patience is running thin....

Beans
    Distro

@kuvanito Did You solve Your „sound problems“ from November of last year?
    Ignota nulla curatio morbi.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    @kuvanito Did You solve Your „sound problems“ from November of last year?
    november last year is way too far back to remember,hehehehehe probably yes!

since this is a new issue and new to me (64Bit)

let me ad that mic is working as of this morning's updates,hurraayy 64Bit....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast