Flash not working on Firefox (Precise Pangolin)
Hi, this is my first post.
I've been trying to get Adobe Flash to work since an (update manager) update about 2 weeks ago. I've tried:
- uninstalling and reinstalling thru Synaptic, Software Center, Adobe site
- removing the latest version and installing the 11.1 version (32-bit machine)
- using the Flash-Aid add-on
- moving and replacing flashplayer.so files in various places
- installing hal library
- installing ubuntu restricted extras
- Re-installing Firefox
- Installing Chromium
- Editing values in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
I currently have the latest flash installed (through Software Center), and trying to play a youtube video shows a grey window with a message "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed". Youtube videos WILL play if they are HTML5 (I am in the HTML5 trial).
However, I am able to get youtube Flash videos to play without sound by pressing my "printscreen" button while the video window is loading. Weird.
If anyone knows a solution or has a similar problem, I'd welcome the advice.
Thanks so much,
*EDIT* - Hardware specifications
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz × 2
Graphics: Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2
OS Type: 32-bit
Last edited by clealily; January 15th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
Reason: * Hardware specs, *added more failed attempts, *HTML5 works
Tags for this Thread