Thread: ubuntu 12.04

Beans

ubuntu 12.04

I upgraded my machine from 10.10 to 12.04 via a fresh install. I noticed that I started to receive messages that I was off line. The duration before connecting was about three minutes and increased until I was unable to log on at all.

I reinstalled 10.10 and the problem went away. Is this a known problem with 12.04 and is there a fix for it other than going back to 10.10?

Thank you for any assistance.

waltwin

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by waltwin View Post
    I upgraded my machine from 10.10 to 12.04 via a fresh install. I noticed that I started to receive messages that I was off line. The duration before connecting was about three minutes and increased until I was unable to log on at all.

I reinstalled 10.10 and the problem went away. Is this a known problem with 12.04 and is there a fix for it other than going back to 10.10?

Thank you for any assistance.

waltwin
    Not familiar with a problem like this, but i have solved some issues by doing a complete removal and reinstall, sometimes using a different install media.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by offgridguy View Post
    Not familiar with a problem like this, but i have solved some issues by doing a complete removal and reinstall, sometimes using a different install media.
    I'm not sure what you mean by a different install media!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Did you run a checksum to make sure the iso was not corrupt after download? This helps to ensure the installation media (disc or usb) works properly
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Providing some information about the internet connection type might be helpful also . I have had no problems with wired connections while using Ubuntu but some users have had problems with wireless drivers.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual