Thread: xfce icon theme inconsistency

Hybrid View

Beans

xfce icon theme inconsistency

Hello I am running xubuntu 12.04 and I am having a very hard time getting the icon theme that I choose to be universal. What I mean by this is that the icon for a given application is different in the menu than it is in the task bar. The two applications that I have noticed this on are synaptic and geany. I understand that applications that run as root need to set their icons specially so I have tried some of those techniques but I can't figure out why geany wouldn't work. I have tried creating gtkrc, gtkrc-2.0, gtkrc-3.0, gtkrc-4.0, setting the themes through the xfce4-settings manager, using sudo xfce4-settings manager, using gtksudo xfce4-settings manager, creating a .icons folder in my home directory, creating a .icons folder in the root directory, and copying themes into /usr/share/icons.

This picture highlights my problem.

http://ompldr.org/vY2cxeg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: xfce icon theme inconsistency

You may want to check usr/share/pixmaps and usr/share/apps for inconsistent icon images. If the program uses an image from pixmaps changes will revert if the program updates.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Re: xfce icon theme inconsistency

geany is not in /usr/share/apps but there is a geany.xpm file in /usr/share/pixmaps but I have no idea how to interpret the file. Also what do you mean by changes will revert if the program updates? I can't get the icon theme to be consistent even if I try and set it after an update.