Thread: ubuntu 12.04

Beans

ubuntu 12.04

I upgraded my machine from 10.10 to 12.04 via a fresh install. I noticed that I started to receive messages that I was off line. The duration before connecting was about three minutes and increased until I was unable to log on at all.

I reinstalled 10.10 and the problem went away. Is this a known problem with 12.04 and is there a fix for it other than going back to 10.10?

Thank you for any assistance.

waltwin

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by waltwin View Post
    I upgraded my machine from 10.10 to 12.04 via a fresh install. I noticed that I started to receive messages that I was off line. The duration before connecting was about three minutes and increased until I was unable to log on at all.

I reinstalled 10.10 and the problem went away. Is this a known problem with 12.04 and is there a fix for it other than going back to 10.10?

Thank you for any assistance.

waltwin
    Not familiar with a problem like this, but i have solved some issues by doing a complete removal and reinstall, sometimes using a different install media.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by offgridguy View Post
    Not familiar with a problem like this, but i have solved some issues by doing a complete removal and reinstall, sometimes using a different install media.
    I'm not sure what you mean by a different install media!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Did you run a checksum to make sure the iso was not corrupt after download? This helps to ensure the installation media (disc or usb) works properly
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Providing some information about the internet connection type might be helpful also . I have had no problems with wired connections while using Ubuntu but some users have had problems with wireless drivers.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors