Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: install game from a .run filetype?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: install game from a .run filetype?

Quote Originally Posted by goodbye-windows(tm) View Post
    When you say I should 'refresh/reload', does this mean I have to delete the old pokerth program (ver .9x) and then the newer version (ver 1.x) will appear in the software center????
    that might be a good idea. as having different versions of same software in linux is not a trivial thing to do.

I do have the .run file (latest 1.x ver) on my desktop, but nothing happens when I attempt to execute it or double click on it.
    you need to mark it as executable in order to be able to run it. if you mark the file as executable (for example in file properties) and then run it from terminal - that should give any errors if there are any...
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

see message below:
    Last edited by goodbye-windows(tm); January 16th, 2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: duplicate message, somehow....deleted one copy of the message.

Beans

you need to mark it as executable in order to be able to run it.
    I marked it as executable long ago and checked again just a few moments ago. It is still marked as executable.

It seems I needed to delete the old version. After that, the software center showed ver 1.0 as now being available.

After that, I installed it from the software center. Will mark this one 'solved' I sure learned allot::> TY to all who commented.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12