Thread: install reFIT on ubuntu 12.10 withuot osx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Question install reFIT on ubuntu 12.10 withuot osx

i dont have osx on my macbook witch is why i put ubuntu on it can i install reFIT to make it boot faster

Beans

Re: install reFIT on ubuntu 12.10 withuot osx

i dont have osx on my macbook witch is why i put ubuntu on it can i install reFIT to make it boot faster
    rEFIt is a "boot manager" for multiple OS's . . . if you are just running one OS there is no point, purpose, or reason to install rEFIt; besides which it would just put another layer in the boot process. If you decided to add OSX then either installing or using rEFIt to "sync the partitions" would be a good idea; apparently it's not necessary to keep using it once the partitions are synced . . . . Winding up, it's just for multiple boot systems . . . and now there is a newer app called rEFInd which is getting more attention. I have a MBPro set up for dual boot running 10.6.8 and Linux MInt 13 Mate . . . after trying LMDE, having rEFIt installed allowed installing and setting up the second system to be easy, but, every time I reboot I go into the rEFIt window and if I pick the Linux system it goes to the GRUB window before booting, i.e., it's not faster.

e.e.p.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Angry Re: install reFIT on ubuntu 12.10 withuot osx

thanks for the help

Beans

thanks for the help
    Sho nuff . . .

e.e.p.

Beans

I'm trying to setup a dual boot of Ubuntu and PC-BSD on my macbook, which currently only has Ubuntu on it. Is it possible to install rEFIt and configure it corretly without OSX?